Quantcast

Re: [Mondo-devel] RHEL5 mkisofs error ISO not being created

Re: [Mondo-devel] RHEL5 mkisofs error ISO not being created

Ballard, Maureen

Re: [Mondo-devel] RHEL5 mkisofs error ISO not being created

Ballard, Maureen

I now see this error message

Re: [Mondo-devel] RHEL5 mkisofs error ISO not being created

Hello Maureen,

Could you send the full log file for the archive run please ?
Also can you run the /usr/bin/mkisofs command by itself to check it's working as expected.

TIA,
Bruno.

Ballard, Maureen said on Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 07:50:56PM +0000:
>We are receiving the below error in the mondoarchive.log.   It is a RHEL5 installation, so options for this piece of software are limited.
>The error from the mindi image states:
>/usr/bin/mkisofs: No such file or directory. Unable to open disc image file
>ERROR: Failed to create ISO image.

Re: [Mondo-devel] RHEL5 mkisofs error ISO not being created

Ballard, Maureen
Hi Bruno,

Thank you so much for replying.  I have had some time and some clearer thought since I sent the below. The solution I found was to install a new version of mkisofs, mkinitrd and syslinux.  It is working very well now. I am sure it was user error.

Thank you again,  Maureen