Re: [Mondo-devel] MONDO RESCUE on RHEL 4 using mondo-2.2.9.1

Re: [Mondo-devel] MONDO RESCUE on RHEL 4 using mondo-2.2.9.1

Bruno Cornec-2
[hidden email] said on Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 02:57:36PM +0000:

> I keep getting the same message over and over again - [Mountlist Analyzed. Result:  "/dev/vg00/lvol does not exist." Switch to Interactive Mode?]

Well indeed /dev/vg00/lvol does not exist as a device
I'm sorry, but even with your screen shots, I'm a little blind with no
mondorestore.log. Would you be able to mount a local USB key on a
laptop, and connect it to your Virtual media through the iLO and copy
the file on it ?

> In the interactive mode, I went and checked all my mount list contents. I also checked up a file /tmp/mountlist.txt
> They do not have any "dev/vg00/lvol". I am unable to proceed with the restore. Can you please suggest a work around?

The only workaround, is to launch all these commands manually (the one
in /tmp/i-want-my-lvm begining with a #) and then formating the devices
manually, then relaunch mondorestore manually and when asked, do not
format nor partition your disk (it was done manually), and just persue
with the restoration of data.

Let me know whether this is a working work-around in your case.
HTH,
Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com
HP/Intel/Red Hat Open Source Solutions Initiative  / http://www.hpintelco.net
http://www.HyPer-Linux.org  http://mondorescue.org http://project-builder.org
La musique ancienne?  http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

Re: [Mondo-devel] MONDO RESCUE on RHEL 4 using mondo-2.2.9.1

Kennedy.Doss
Bruno:

This is what I did to get a work-around a few days back:

        I edited the /tmp/mountlist.txt file and removed all referenced
made to VG01 - in my case which was a VG created with SAN disks.

        Then, I removed all references to VG01 in /tmp/i-want-my-lvm
file.

        Then I re-launched mondorestore from the command line.

I was able to get my server back without VG01. Then, I ran a vgscan and
I was able to mount all the filesystems under vg01.

Kennedy G. Doss
US IS Unix Server Services
KFORCE  @ Sanofi-Aventis
* 908-981-5295(W)     * [hidden email]

[hidden email] said on Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 04:22:24PM +0000:

> This is what I did to get a work-around a few days back:
> I edited the /tmp/mountlist.txt file and removed all referenced
> made to VG01 - in my case which was a VG created with SAN disks.
> Then, I removed all references to VG01 in /tmp/i-want-my-lvm
> file.

Sounds correct, considering the current status of LVM exclusion.
Hopefully with 2.2.9.3 you should be able to do that easier without
touching files.

Best regards,