Re: [Mondo-devel] Failing with cannot create boot-disks with a Xubuntu14:04 LTS, version (Solved)

Re: [Mondo-devel] Failing with cannot create boot-disks with a Xubuntu14:04 LTS, version (Solved)

Jim Robinson-2

On 16-06-25 11:32 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

>     2. Failing with cannot create boot-disks with a Xubuntu14:04 LTS
>        version (jim)

Hi Folks,

The problem seems to be a 4-fold problem.

1) The software updater is not allowing Mondo packages to be updated.
The error is "unauthorized packages", and even after after agreeing for
updates to be applied, it does not happen. (Xubuntu problem)

2)The only way to by-pass this problem has been to use sudo apt-get
install mondo (or appropriate package name(s))and then select allow
unauthorized packages (yes).

But I have re-updated the key but that seems to make no difference. Has
anybody else seen this problem. Ubuntu 14.04

3) In a previous update, Mondo was updated and now the software updater
thought that copy was latest and therefore should not be updated.
Solved by removing Mondo using Synaptic and then reinstalling Mondo
using Synaptic.

4) The final problem has been noted by others and that is that the
Mondorescue site has been intermittently down. At least for a major part
of the last 2 weekends, I have not been able to access the site. I know
because I have been checking by manually trying to access the site after
noting errors in Synaptic.

The latter reason is why I have not answered sooner because I was unable
to get updates until July 4th.

I do not know if it is, a mirror site that is the problem or the main
site. I am based in Canada.

Best Wishes and Thanks again for a great piece of software.

--
Best Wishes
Jim

James D. Robinson
JD Scientific Limited [hidden email]
Tel   905-829-9278
Fax   905-829-9231
Cell 905-334-5372
Temp 905-484-3231

Re: [Mondo-devel] Failing with cannot create boot-disks with a Xubuntu14:04 LTS, version (Solved)

Marco Gaiarin
Mandi! James Robinson
  In chel di` si favelave...

> 1) The software updater is not allowing Mondo packages to be updated.
> The error is "unauthorized packages", and even after after agreeing for
> updates to be applied, it does not happen. (Xubuntu problem)

> 2)The only way to by-pass this problem has been to use sudo apt-get
> install mondo (or appropriate package name(s))and then select allow
> unauthorized packages (yes).

> But I have re-updated the key but that seems to make no difference. Has
> anybody else seen this problem. Ubuntu 14.04

It is a known problem. Debian sign the repository files and not the
packages, and Bruno have not correcly setup the sign on the main
server.

> 3) In a previous update, Mondo was updated and now the software updater
> thought that copy was latest and therefore should not be updated.
> Solved by removing Mondo using Synaptic and then reinstalling Mondo
> using Synaptic.

This also was a known problem. By some version upgrade, mondo have to
be removed and reinstalled for a dependencies mess.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123

Re: [Mondo-devel] Failing with cannot create boot-disks with a Xubuntu14:04 LTS, version (Solved)

Bruno Cornec-4
Hello,

Coming back to this:

Marco Gaiarin said on Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:41:14PM +0200:

>Mandi! James Robinson
>  In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> 1) The software updater is not allowing Mondo packages to be updated.
>> The error is "unauthorized packages", and even after after agreeing for
>> updates to be applied, it does not happen. (Xubuntu problem)
>
>> 2)The only way to by-pass this problem has been to use sudo apt-get
>> install mondo (or appropriate package name(s))and then select allow
>> unauthorized packages (yes).
>
>> But I have re-updated the key but that seems to make no difference. Has
>> anybody else seen this problem. Ubuntu 14.04
>
>It is a known problem. Debian sign the repository files and not the
>packages, and Bruno have not correcly setup the sign on the main
>server.

I think that problem is now solved. The release file is now GPG signed
and the GPG public signature is provided on the ftp server.

So the setup should be as simple as:

# curl "ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/debian/8/mondorescue.pubkey" -o - | apt-key add -

>> 3) In a previous update, Mondo was updated and now the software updater
>> thought that copy was latest and therefore should not be updated.
>> Solved by removing Mondo using Synaptic and then reinstalling Mondo
>> using Synaptic.
>
>This also was a known problem. By some version upgrade, mondo have to
>be removed and reinstalled for a dependencies mess.

f I have not made any mistake, the new versions generated by project-builder.org
with version 0.14 are now creating correct package names/versions so update
should always be possible going forward.

Let me know the results on your side.
Best regards,

Re: [Mondo-devel] Failing with cannot create boot-disks with a Xubuntu14:04 LTS, version (Solved)

Marco Gaiarin
Mandi! Bruno Cornec
  In chel di` si favelave...

> >It is a known problem. Debian sign the repository files and not the
> >packages, and Bruno have not correcly setup the sign on the main
> >server.
> I think that problem is now solved. The release file is now GPG signed
> and the GPG public signature is provided on the ftp server.

AFAI remember well, it is solved. Put out updated (possibly,
UEFI-working ;) packages on the beta repository and i make a test. ;-)

> >This also was a known problem. By some version upgrade, mondo have to
> >be removed and reinstalled for a dependencies mess.
> f I have not made any mistake, the new versions generated by project-builder.org
> with version 0.14 are now creating correct package names/versions so update
> should always be possible going forward.

This is hard to say. Again, AFAI remember well, was a touble moving
from debian packages (eg, official debian repository) and your
packages.

It's too much time i use you beta repository to say something
about that. ;)