[Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

[Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Bruno Cornec-4
FYI, now available at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test
Doesn't fix all that was planned as usual, but should work fine on most distros (pending UEFI support for debs)
Give it a try and let me know what still needs work (including packaging)

TIA,
Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Robert Grasso
Ok, so testing from scratch : adding mondorescue.pubkey, then adding
mondorescue-test.sources.list, then apt update : minor glistch :

W: ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/ubuntu/dists/16.04/Release.gpg:
Signature by key 54AA7ADA8C6B0F5D51C75DC0141B9FF237DB9883 uses weak
digest algorithm (SHA1)

more to come later

--
Robert Grasso
@home

On 19/01/2017 10:16, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> FYI, now available at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test
> Doesn't fix all that was planned as usual, but should work fine on most distros (pending UEFI support for debs)
> Give it a try and let me know what still needs work (including packaging)
>
> TIA,
> Bruno.

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Robert Grasso
continuing on Ubuntu 16.04.1 : the first installation did not go
seamlessly :

root@robert-VirtualBox:~# apt install mondo
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  mondo : Depends: mindi (>= 3.2.0) but it is not going to be installed

Trying to install mindi did not go very well either :

root@robert-VirtualBox:~# apt install mindi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  mindi : Depends: libmondorescue-perl but it is not going to be installed
          Recommends: ntfsprogs but it is not installable

BTW, in synaptic, libmondorescue-perl appears 4 times, as does mondo-doc
: each time, they seem to be of teh same version

Additional bumps in the road :

root@robert-VirtualBox:~# apt install libmondorescue-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libmondorescue-perl : Depends: libprojectbuilder-perl but it is not
installable

and

root@robert-VirtualBox:~# apt install libprojectbuilder-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libprojectbuilder-perl is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libprojectbuilder-perl' has no installation candidate

--
Robert Grasso
@home
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
   that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

On 19/01/2017 10:16, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> FYI, now available at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test
> Doesn't fix all that was planned as usual, but should work fine on most distros (pending UEFI support for debs)
> Give it a try and let me know what still needs work (including packaging)
>
> TIA,
> Bruno.

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Hugo Vanwoerkom
On 01/19/2017 03:16 AM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> FYI, now available at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test
> Doesn't fix all that was planned as usual, but should work fine on most distros (pending UEFI support for debs)
> Give it a try and let me know what still needs work (including packaging)
>
> TIA,
> Bruno.

For Debian version 8 there are no amd64 versions available for any of
the programs.

Thanks
Hugo

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Hello Robert,

Robert Grasso said on Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 12:15:20PM +0100:
>Ok, so testing from scratch : adding mondorescue.pubkey, then adding
>mondorescue-test.sources.list, then apt update : minor glistch :
>
>W: ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/ubuntu/dists/16.04/Release.gpg:
>Signature by key 54AA7ADA8C6B0F5D51C75DC0141B9FF237DB9883 uses weak
>digest algorithm (SHA1)

Thanks for your report. I remarked that as well recently. So I changed my GPG Key to a more recent one.
pub   4096R/0x6BA8C2D220EBFB0E 2017-01-04
 Empreinte de la clef = A9AD D1BE C556 4FF7 1D74  EA75 6BA8 C2D2 20EB FB0E
 uid                [  ultime ] Bruno Cornec (FLOSS & Early Music) <[hidden email]>
 uid                [  ultime ] Bruno Cornec (Early Music) <[hidden email]>
 uid                [  ultime ] Bruno Cornec (FLOSS) <[hidden email]>
 uid                [  ultime ] Bruno Cornec (FLOSS) <[hidden email]>
 uid                [  ultime ] Bruno Cornec (FLOSS) <[hidden email]>
 uid                [  ultime ] Bruno Cornec (FLOSS) <[hidden email]>
 sub   4096R/0x0E19AA1E9955AC07 2017-01-04

However, it seems my mechanism to sign and publish the key still uses the old one. I'm checking why this is so.

Hugo Vanwoerkom said on Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 06:47:18PM -0600:

>On 01/19/2017 03:16 AM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
>For Debian version 8 there are no amd64 versions available for any of
>the programs.

I'm generating them ATM. Should be there in a couple of minutes.

Robert Grasso said on Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 12:45:42PM +0100:
>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>  mindi : Depends: libmondorescue-perl but it is not going to be installed
>          Recommends: ntfsprogs but it is not installable
>E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Hummm so that means that ntfsprogs isn't delievered anymore IIUC. DO they use a new name ?
what give apt-cache search ntfs ?
Maybe it's a -ng version...

>root@robert-VirtualBox:~# apt install libmondorescue-perl
>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>  libmondorescue-perl : Depends: libprojectbuilder-perl but it is not
>installable

You can get it by adding also the stable repo in your apt setup ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/16.04/mondorescue.sources.list

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Robert Grasso
Hello Bruno,

Quick and partial answer (to your question in the first item) : if
ntfsprogs is what we used to find in previous Debian/Ubuntu distros, it
looks like in v16.04.1 it is called :

ntfs-3g - read/write NTFS driver for FUSE

I will complete the installation according to your suggestion and run a
full test later

--
Robert Grasso
@home

Robert Grasso said on Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 09:25:21PM +0100:
>ntfsprogs is what we used to find in previous Debian/Ubuntu distros, it
>looks like in v16.04.1 it is called :
>
>ntfs-3g - read/write NTFS driver for FUSE

Thanks Robert, now fixed with
http://trac.project-builder.org/changeset/2174

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Robert Grasso
Hello Bruno,

So, here is my test. First, with the installation :
- so first, I downloaded and installed libprojectbuilder-perl_0.14.2-1_all.deb from the stable branch as you suggested (first I made a mistake, I downloaded and installed libmondorescue-perl_3.2.2-1_all.deb, and forgot to remove it)
- then as I tried before, I just ran

apt install mondo

I attached it s output; so because of the previous error, we do not see libmondorescue-perl, I then updated the whole OS which updated libmondorescue-perl as well

then I ran the backup with the command

mondoarchive -g -OnĀ  nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -N -d tharv/`date +'%Y%U'` -p "tharv-full-`date +'%Y%m%d'`" -s 20g -L -S /scratch/ -T /scratch/ -V

which went well : the log is attached

then I ran mondorestore with the command :

mondorestore -g -n nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -d tharv/201705 -p tharv-full-20170129

which did not went well : it wrote "Thinking", 1%, then it segfaulted. The log is attached.
--
Robert Grasso
@home

tests_20170129.tar.xz (95K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Bruno Cornec-4
Hello Robert,

Sorry it took me time to be able to work on this. I think I found why the problem occurred, which is linked to the fact I do very rarely live restore (I mostly work in DR mode).
So in live mode, it seems one variable was uncorrectly handled indeed causing the issue you reported.

I have generated new test packages for you to try at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/ubuntu/16.04

Thanks for your report and support.
Bruno.

Robert Grasso said on Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 01:53:48AM +0100:

>Hello Bruno,
>
>So, here is my test. First, with the installation :
>- so first, I downloaded and installed
>libprojectbuilder-perl_0.14.2-1_all.deb from the stable branch as you
>suggested (first I made a mistake, I downloaded and installed
>libmondorescue-perl_3.2.2-1_all.deb, and forgot to remove it)
>- then as I tried before, I just ran
>
>apt install mondo
>
>I attached it s output; so because of the previous error, we do not
>see libmondorescue-perl, I then updated the whole OS which updated
>libmondorescue-perl as well
>
>then I ran the backup with the command
>
>mondoarchive -g -On  nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -N -d tharv/`date
>+'%Y%U'` -p "tharv-full-`date +'%Y%m%d'`" -s 20g -L -S /scratch/ -T
>/scratch/ -V
>
>which went well : the log is attached
>
>then I ran mondorestore with the command :
>
>mondorestore -g -n nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -d tharv/201705 -p
>tharv-full-20170129
>
>which did not went well : it wrote "Thinking", 1%, then it segfaulted.
>The log is attached.
>
>--
>Robert Grasso
>@home
>---
>UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
>  that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn
>
>On 26/01/2017 00:48, Bruno Cornec wrote:
>>Robert Grasso said on Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 09:25:21PM +0100:
>>>ntfsprogs is what we used to find in previous Debian/Ubuntu distros, it
>>>looks like in v16.04.1 it is called :
>>>
>>>ntfs-3g - read/write NTFS driver for FUSE
>>Thanks Robert, now fixed with
>>http://trac.project-builder.org/changeset/2174
>>
>>Bruno.

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Robert Grasso
Thank you Bruno,

I will test this next week-end and will let you know

--
Robert Grasso
@home

On 08/03/2017 16:33, Bruno Cornec wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> Sorry it took me time to be able to work on this. I think I found why the problem occurred, which is linked to the fact I do very rarely live restore (I mostly work in DR mode).
> So in live mode, it seems one variable was uncorrectly handled indeed causing the issue you reported.
>
> I have generated new test packages for you to try at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/ubuntu/16.04
>
> Thanks for your report and support.
> Bruno.
>
> Robert Grasso said on Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 01:53:48AM +0100:
>
>> Hello Bruno,
>>
>> So, here is my test. First, with the installation :
>> - so first, I downloaded and installed
>> libprojectbuilder-perl_0.14.2-1_all.deb from the stable branch as you
>> suggested (first I made a mistake, I downloaded and installed
>> libmondorescue-perl_3.2.2-1_all.deb, and forgot to remove it)
>> - then as I tried before, I just ran
>>
>> apt install mondo
>>
>> I attached it s output; so because of the previous error, we do not
>> see libmondorescue-perl, I then updated the whole OS which updated
>> libmondorescue-perl as well
>>
>> then I ran the backup with the command
>>
>> mondoarchive -g -On  nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -N -d tharv/`date
>> +'%Y%U'` -p "tharv-full-`date +'%Y%m%d'`" -s 20g -L -S /scratch/ -T
>> /scratch/ -V
>>
>> which went well : the log is attached
>>
>> then I ran mondorestore with the command :
>>
>> mondorestore -g -n nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -d tharv/201705 -p
>> tharv-full-20170129
>>
>> which did not went well : it wrote "Thinking", 1%, then it segfaulted.
>> The log is attached.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Grasso
>> @home
>> ---
>> UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
>>   that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

>>> Thanks Robert, now fixed with
>>> http://trac.project-builder.org/changeset/2174
>>>
>>> Bruno.

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Bruno Cornec-4
Thanks Robert,

I've rebuild a new version there for you to test, so you'll really get the latest as of today :-)

Bruno.

Robert Grasso said on Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 07:49:12PM +0100:

>Thank you Bruno,
>
>I will test this next week-end and will let you know
>
>--
>Robert Grasso
>@home
>---
>UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
>   that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn
>
>On 08/03/2017 16:33, Bruno Cornec wrote:
>> Hello Robert,
>>
>> Sorry it took me time to be able to work on this. I think I found why the problem occurred, which is linked to the fact I do very rarely live restore (I mostly work in DR mode).
>> So in live mode, it seems one variable was uncorrectly handled indeed causing the issue you reported.
>>
>> I have generated new test packages for you to try at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/ubuntu/16.04
>>
>> Thanks for your report and support.
>> Bruno.
>>
>> Robert Grasso said on Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 01:53:48AM +0100:
>>
>>> Hello Bruno,
>>>
>>> So, here is my test. First, with the installation :
>>> - so first, I downloaded and installed
>>> libprojectbuilder-perl_0.14.2-1_all.deb from the stable branch as you
>>> suggested (first I made a mistake, I downloaded and installed
>>> libmondorescue-perl_3.2.2-1_all.deb, and forgot to remove it)
>>> - then as I tried before, I just ran
>>>
>>> apt install mondo
>>>
>>> I attached it s output; so because of the previous error, we do not
>>> see libmondorescue-perl, I then updated the whole OS which updated
>>> libmondorescue-perl as well
>>>
>>> then I ran the backup with the command
>>>
>>> mondoarchive -g -On  nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -N -d tharv/`date
>>> +'%Y%U'` -p "tharv-full-`date +'%Y%m%d'`" -s 20g -L -S /scratch/ -T
>>> /scratch/ -V
>>>
>>> which went well : the log is attached
>>>
>>> then I ran mondorestore with the command :
>>>
>>> mondorestore -g -n nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -d tharv/201705 -p
>>> tharv-full-20170129
>>>
>>> which did not went well : it wrote "Thinking", 1%, then it segfaulted.
>>> The log is attached.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Grasso
>>> @home
>>> ---
>>> UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
>>>   that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec

Re: [Mondo-devel] new beta of 33.0 is now available

Robert Grasso
Hello Bruno,

To begin with, you may be interested to know that my / and /home are
mounted on an LVM volume (that helps me to study LVM)

So, I went further than last time : here are the details :

- I installed : afio, buffer and lzop from the OS
- as I did previously, I got

ftp://mondo.mirror.pclark.com/pub/mondorescue/ubuntu/14.04/libprojectbuilder-perl_0.14.2-1_all.deb

and then

ftp://mondo.mirror.pclark.com/pub/mondorescue/test/ubuntu/16.04/mondo_3.3.1-0.20170315045057.s3654_amd64.deb
ftp://mondo.mirror.pclark.com/pub/mondorescue/test/ubuntu/16.04/mindi-busybox_1.25.1-1_amd64.deb
ftp://mondo.mirror.pclark.com/pub/mondorescue/test/ubuntu/16.04/mindi_3.3.1-0.20170315045057.s3654_amd64.deb
ftp://mondo.mirror.pclark.com/pub/mondorescue/test/ubuntu/16.04/libmondorescue-perl_3.3.1-0.20170315045057.s3654_all.deb

Installation OK, first backup OK with the following commands

mount -t nfs power4:/backup_rubedo /backup_rubedo
mondoarchive -g -On  nfs://power4:/backup_rubedo -N -d tharv/`date
+'%Y%U'` -p "tharv-full-`date +'%Y%m%d'`" -s 20g -L  -V

recovering one random file with mondorestore -g went well.

Now, I never practised the mondorestore syntax, so i am pretty
uncomfortable and clumsy with it. I wanted to boot in compare mode, but
from the ascii gui, I failed to figure out the right parameters. So I
created an empty VM and tried to restore in nuke mode : it started well,
created the LVM volumes, and then it failed, saying that it was not able
to mount a volume. I am attaching the log. To be honest, when it began,
I was not sure that I was inputting the right parameters - but it
started nonetheless ... but I may have done something wrong ...

What should I do now ? While I am waiting your answer, i may train with
mondorestore's syntax ..

--
Robert Grasso
@home

On 15/03/2017 11:10, Bruno Cornec wrote:

> Thanks Robert,
>
> I've rebuild a new version there for you to test, so you'll really get the latest as of today :-)
>
> Bruno.
>
> Robert Grasso said on Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 07:49:12PM +0100:
>
>> Thank you Bruno,
>>
>> I will test this next week-end and will let you know
>>
>> --
>> Robert Grasso
>> @home
>> ---
>> UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
>>    that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn
>>
>> On 08/03/2017 16:33, Bruno Cornec wrote:
>>> Hello Robert,
>>>
>>> Sorry it took me time to be able to work on this. I think I found why the problem occurred, which is linked to the fact I do very rarely live restore (I mostly work in DR mode).
>>> So in live mode, it seems one variable was uncorrectly handled indeed causing the issue you reported.
>>>
>>> I have generated new test packages for you to try at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/ubuntu/16.04
>>>
>>> Thanks for your report and support.
>>> Bruno.

mondorestore.log (179K) Download Attachment