Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] mondorestore not on archive media

[Mondo-devel] mondorestore not on archive media

Peter Hölzel
Hello and good evening (in Europe),

I have (meanwhile) successful created an archive which I want to restore
on a second
PC.
To my regret the mini is loaded from the media but the restore wouldn't
start because
mondorestore is not found. Prior to this the attempt to mount /dev/sdi1
on the target PC
failed (/dev/sdi1 was the target-media).

How can I overcome this problem ?

Greatful for any help

Peter

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondorestore not on archive media

Gattegno, Victor (GSD CSC / GCC)-2
Hi,

When mondo can mount the backup successfully, it automatically untar images/all.tar.gz, then mondo can find the files mondorestore, etc.

There is an "usb" option that you could try, check:
/usr/share/doc/mindi/README.bootparam
or:
http://trac.mondorescue.org/browser/branches/3.0/mindi/README.bootparam

Examples:
boot: expert usb=/dev/sdb
boot: interactive usb=/dev/sdb

Rgds, Victor

I have (meanwhile) successful created an archive which I want to restore on a second PC.
To my regret the mini is loaded from the media but the restore wouldn't start because mondorestore is not found. Prior to this the attempt to mount /dev/sdi1 on the target PC failed (/dev/sdi1 was the target-media).

How can I overcome this problem ?

Greatful for any help

Peter

    Hi Victor,

thank You for Your help. I'm sorry to be clumsy. I tried to follow Your advice. And it took me some time to
understand how the mindi-parm usb works. But /dev/sdb would not work though blkid shows device sdb1.

Now I have a suspect: I have used  (I confess simple minded) the Toshiba 1tb as is. It is vfat. I think
mindi can't handle this miraculous organization. (attached the restore log)

regards

Peter

p.s. meanwile i will try with ext4-archive

mondorestore.log (99K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondorestore not on archive media

Peter Hölzel
Am 01.08.2016 17:03, schrieb Gattegno, Victor:

> Hi,
>
> When mondo can mount the backup successfully, it automatically untar images/all.tar.gz, then mondo can find the files mondorestore, etc.
>
> There is an "usb" option that you could try, check:
> /usr/share/doc/mindi/README.bootparam
> or:
> http://trac.mondorescue.org/browser/branches/3.0/mindi/README.bootparam
>
> Examples:
> boot: expert usb=/dev/sdb
> boot: interactive usb=/dev/sdb
>
> Rgds, Victor

Hallo Victor,

I tried to follow Your advice. Device /dev/sdb[1] remains invalid.
It seems that it is attempted to connect as CDROM.

All attempts to succed failed so far.

Rgds Peter

mondorestore.log.tar.gz (28K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondorestore not on archive media

Bruno Cornec-4
Hello,

>From your logs, it seems originally you had /dev/sdi as backup media and at restore time it's seen as /dev/sdb.
So by adapting to this you should be able to restore. Victor gave the right advise.

Now seems your device is not correctly seen:
Mounting USB device (/dev/sdb1) on /mnt/cdrom.............mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
              dmesg | tail ...

I wonder whether the size of that device is a problem (limit is normally at 2 TB, not 1)

Can you mount that device under Linux ?

Bruno.