[Mondo-devel] mondorestore delete all and format partitions

[Mondo-devel] mondorestore delete all and format partitions

Esteban Monge
Hello:

I am using mondorescue a long time ago... I can make restores without
touching the partition scheme... but when I need to restore partitions
mondorestore deletes all partitions.

My scenario is:
RHEL 5.10
MondoRescue 3.2.2

Server with two virtual hard disk:
boot /dev/vda1
rootvg /dev/vda2
appvg /dev/vdb

rootvg/LogVol00 -> SWAP
rootvg/LogVol01 -> /

appvg/applv -> /backupsMR

I make backups with:
/usr/sbin/mondoarchive -Ovi -S /scratch -d /backupsMR -9 -s 4300m -E
'/backupsMR|/scratch'

When use mondorestore with live so from iso, I remove from mountlist:
/dev/vdb1   lvm   lvm
/dev/mapper/appvg-applv /backupsMR/ ext3

To avoid deleting logical volumen and formatting... But mondorestore
stills erasing all data from /dev/mapper/appvg-applv

I doesn't know what is wrong... with previous versions of development
version of mondorescue worked... but I can recover the rpm backup... was
deleted =(...

I also have aesthetic problems with curses interface. I doesn't know if
is the spice driver from KVM, and when I choose options get wrong mount
points...

For example principal menu aspect:
http://imgur.com/tj8H4uw

The mountlist screen:
http://imgur.com/IPa1QDl

Again the mountlist screen:
http://imgur.com/AkQCARf

As you can see some garbage keeps in screen "/ /" characters. I don't if
these garbage impact of change the behaviour of mondorestore...

Thanks for you patience and advice...

Great work!

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondorestore delete all and format partitions

Esteban Monge
El 2016-05-11 11:07, Esteban Monge escribió:

> Hello:
>
> I am using mondorescue a long time ago... I can make restores without
> touching the partition scheme... but when I need to restore partitions
> mondorestore deletes all partitions.
>
> My scenario is:
> RHEL 5.10
> MondoRescue 3.2.2
>
> Server with two virtual hard disk:
> boot /dev/vda1
> rootvg /dev/vda2
> appvg /dev/vdb
>
> rootvg/LogVol00 -> SWAP
> rootvg/LogVol01 -> /
>
> appvg/applv -> /backupsMR
>
> I make backups with:
> /usr/sbin/mondoarchive -Ovi -S /scratch -d /backupsMR -9 -s 4300m -E
> '/backupsMR|/scratch'
>
> When use mondorestore with live so from iso, I remove from mountlist:
> /dev/vdb1   lvm   lvm
> /dev/mapper/appvg-applv /backupsMR/ ext3
>
> To avoid deleting logical volumen and formatting... But mondorestore
> stills erasing all data from /dev/mapper/appvg-applv
>
> I doesn't know what is wrong... with previous versions of development
> version of mondorescue worked... but I can recover the rpm backup...
> was
> deleted =(...
>
> I also have aesthetic problems with curses interface. I doesn't know if
> is the spice driver from KVM, and when I choose options get wrong mount
> points...
>
> For example principal menu aspect:
> http://imgur.com/tj8H4uw
>
> The mountlist screen:
> http://imgur.com/IPa1QDl
>
> Again the mountlist screen:
> http://imgur.com/AkQCARf
>
> As you can see some garbage keeps in screen "/ /" characters. I don't
> if
> these garbage impact of change the behaviour of mondorestore...
>
> Thanks for you patience and advice...
>
> Great work!

> bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of
> MDM
> apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data
> untouched!
Hello:

I made some changes to virtualized environment, I changed to RHEL 5.11
and change disk to SCSI instead virtuo, but problem stills.

I attached my mondorestore logs and mondoarchive logs.

mondoarchive.tar.gz (125K) Download Attachment
mondorestore.tar.gz (39K) Download Attachment

El 2016-05-12 17:06, Esteban Monge escribió:

> El 2016-05-11 11:07, Esteban Monge escribió:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I am using mondorescue a long time ago... I can make restores without
>> touching the partition scheme... but when I need to restore partitions
>> mondorestore deletes all partitions.
>>
>> My scenario is:
>> RHEL 5.10
>> MondoRescue 3.2.2
>>
>> Server with two virtual hard disk:
>> boot /dev/vda1
>> rootvg /dev/vda2
>> appvg /dev/vdb
>>
>> rootvg/LogVol00 -> SWAP
>> rootvg/LogVol01 -> /
>>
>> appvg/applv -> /backupsMR
>>
>> I make backups with:
>> /usr/sbin/mondoarchive -Ovi -S /scratch -d /backupsMR -9 -s 4300m -E
>> '/backupsMR|/scratch'
>>
>> When use mondorestore with live so from iso, I remove from mountlist:
>> /dev/vdb1   lvm   lvm
>> /dev/mapper/appvg-applv /backupsMR/ ext3
>>
>> To avoid deleting logical volumen and formatting... But mondorestore
>> stills erasing all data from /dev/mapper/appvg-applv
>>
>> I doesn't know what is wrong... with previous versions of development
>> version of mondorescue worked... but I can recover the rpm backup...
>> was
>> deleted =(...
>>
>> I also have aesthetic problems with curses interface. I doesn't know
>> if
>> is the spice driver from KVM, and when I choose options get wrong
>> mount
>> points...
>>
>> For example principal menu aspect:
>> http://imgur.com/tj8H4uw
>>
>> The mountlist screen:
>> http://imgur.com/IPa1QDl
>>
>> Again the mountlist screen:
>> http://imgur.com/AkQCARf
>>
>> As you can see some garbage keeps in screen "/ /" characters. I don't
>> if
>> these garbage impact of change the behaviour of mondorestore...
>>
>> Thanks for you patience and advice...
>>
>> Great work!

>> Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who
>> bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of
>> MDM
>> restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only
>> the
>> apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data
>> untouched!
>> https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/304595813;131938128;j
>
> Hello:
>
> I made some changes to virtualized environment, I changed to RHEL 5.11
> and change disk to SCSI instead virtuo, but problem stills.
>
> I attached my mondorestore logs and mondoarchive logs.
> bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of
> MDM
> apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data
> untouched!

Hello I found something that I think is a bug:

The mountlist.txt.orig have this content:
/dev/sdb1 lvm lvm 20964793
/dev/sda2 lvm lvm 20860402
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 lvm 77dea2c3-1be1-4cf4-8d33-e76aa04ffa27
/dev/sda1 /boot ext3 104391 /boot
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap lvm /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01:
TYPE="swap"
/dev/appvg/applv /backupsMR ext3 lvm
e09a5a1d-fa90-4352-9ccc-061af6c831bf

When I remove mount points /dev/sdb1 and /dev/appvg/applv looks like:

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap            swap            0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01:
/dev/sda2       lvm             lvm             20867096
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /               ext3            0
77dea2c3-1be1-4cf4-8d33-e76aa04ffa27
/dev/sda1       /boot           ext3            104424          /boot

With extra "/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01".

How can I resolve this?

Thanks...

El 2016-05-19 15:56, Esteban Monge escribió:

> [...]
>
> Hello I found something that I think is a bug:
>
> The mountlist.txt.orig have this content:
> /dev/sdb1 lvm lvm 20964793
> /dev/sda2 lvm lvm 20860402
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 lvm
> 77dea2c3-1be1-4cf4-8d33-e76aa04ffa27
> /dev/sda1 /boot ext3 104391 /boot
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap lvm /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01:
> TYPE="swap"
> /dev/appvg/applv /backupsMR ext3 lvm
> e09a5a1d-fa90-4352-9ccc-061af6c831bf
>
> When I remove mount points /dev/sdb1 and /dev/appvg/applv looks like:
>
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap            swap            0
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01:
> /dev/sda2       lvm             lvm             20867096
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /               ext3            0
> 77dea2c3-1be1-4cf4-8d33-e76aa04ffa27
> /dev/sda1       /boot           ext3            104424          /boot

I modified manually the mountlist.txt file but mondorestore stills
erasing all partitions =$...