[Mondo-devel] mondoarchive won't run

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Mondo-devel] mondoarchive won't run

Leo Koelemij
Hi, I’m new to this list.

Ten days ago I posted this:

> I am having difficulties with mondo.
> Xubuntu 12.04
> Mondo 3.2.1-1 64bit
> Mindi 3.0.1-1 64 bit
> Mindi busybox 1.21.1-1
> Tape drive: HP DDS4
>
> I tried different versions, did everything as mentioned in the answer
> to Q11 in the wiki FAQ.
>
> Starting the first test: Ran mondoarchive without any command-line
> options.
> After identifying my tape drive /dev/st0, I get an empty blue screen
> with a non-functional prompt. See log mondoarchive.log.2
>
> Another test from the command line:
> sudo mondoarchive -OVt -d /dev/st0 -g -I /home/leo/WP60
> runs fine until it stops at the verification; see mondoarchive.log.1
>
> Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
I enclosed the log files zipped in one .log file because one was rather big.


Now I read that Bruno Cornes suggested I use the 3.2.2. beta, which I did.
I get the error :

Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf

when I start mondoarchive without any command-line options and after
identifying my tape drive. See mondoarchive1.log

In case I run sudo mondoarchive -OVt -d /dev/st0 -g -I /home/leo/WP60
the program stops and the log file is mondoarchive2.log

I am at a loss what to do next. Please help.

--
Groeten van / Kind regards from
Leo Koelemij


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager
Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of
your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and
reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!
https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z
_______________________________________________
Mondo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mondo-devel

mondoarchive1.log (7K) Download Attachment
mondoarchive2.log (17K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondoarchive won't run

Bruno Cornec-4
Hello,

Leo Koelemij said on Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 03:18:18PM +0200:
>Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
>DBG1: libmondo-devices.c->mr_asprintf#2385: Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf

I'm able to reproduce and have fixed it in rev [3576]. Thanks for your report and log.

>In case I run sudo mondoarchive -OVt -d /dev/st0 -g -I /home/leo/WP60
>the program stops and the log file is mondoarchive2.log

In that case, your bootloader is not detected on your distribution.

>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3133: list_drives_cmd = mr-parted2fdisk -l 2>/dev/null | grep "/dev/.*:" | tr -s ':' ' ' | tr -s ' ' '
>' | grep /dev/; echo /dev/sdd
>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3146: looking at drive /dev/sdb's MBR
>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3146: looking at drive /dev/sdd's MBR
>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3146: looking at drive /dev/sdd's MBR
>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3161: 0 grubs and 0 lilos
>
>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3175: list_drives_cmd = mr-parted2fdisk -l 2>/dev/null | grep -E "^/dev/" | tr -s ':' ' ' | tr -s ' ' '
>' | grep /dev/
>INFO: Cannot pclose pdrives (Bestand of map bestaat niet)
>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3203: 0 grubs and 0 lilos
>
>DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3213: Unknown boot loader
>DBG1: [Main] ../common/newt-specific.c->fatal_error#304: Fatal error received - 'Please specify your boot loader and device, e.g. -l GRUB -f /dev/hda. Type 'man mondoarchive' to read the manual.'


So you can take that advise and use the -f and -l option in your case.
However I'd be interested to see the result of a fdisk -l command on your system please.

Bruno.
--
Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead  http://www.hpintelco.net
HPE EMEA EG Open Source Technology Strategist http://hp.com/go/opensource
FLOSS projects:     http://mondorescue.org     http://project-builder.org
Musique ancienne? http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager
Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of
your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and
reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!
https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z
_______________________________________________
Mondo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mondo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondoarchive won't run

Leo Koelemij
Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your response.


Op 28-04-16 om 00:54 schreef Bruno Cornec:
> Hello,
>
> Leo Koelemij said on Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 03:18:18PM +0200:
>> Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
>> DBG1: libmondo-devices.c->mr_asprintf#2385: Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
> I'm able to reproduce and have fixed it in rev [3576]. Thanks for your report and log.
I used the new ones:

Xubuntu 12.04
libmondorescue-perl_3.2.320160414030156-0_all.deb
mindi_3.0.320160414030156-0_amd64.deb
mondo_3.2.320160414030156-0_amd64.deb
Mindi busybox 1.21.1-1
Tape drive: HP DDS4


>> In case I run sudo mondoarchive -OVt -d /dev/st0 -g -I /home/leo/WP60
>> the program stops and the log file is mondoarchive2.log
> In that case, your bootloader is not detected on your distribution.
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3133: list_drives_cmd = mr-parted2fdisk -l 2>/dev/null | grep "/dev/.*:" | tr -s ':' ' ' | tr -s ' ' '
>> ' | grep /dev/; echo /dev/sdd
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3146: looking at drive /dev/sdb's MBR
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3146: looking at drive /dev/sdd's MBR
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3146: looking at drive /dev/sdd's MBR
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3161: 0 grubs and 0 lilos
>>
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3175: list_drives_cmd = mr-parted2fdisk -l 2>/dev/null | grep -E "^/dev/" | tr -s ':' ' ' | tr -s ' ' '
>> ' | grep /dev/
>> INFO: Cannot pclose pdrives (Bestand of map bestaat niet)
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3203: 0 grubs and 0 lilos
>>
>> DBG2: [Main] libmondo-devices.c->which_boot_loader#3213: Unknown boot loader
>> DBG1: [Main] ../common/newt-specific.c->fatal_error#304: Fatal error received - 'Please specify your boot loader and device, e.g. -l GRUB -f /dev/hda. Type 'man mondoarchive' to read the manual.'
>
> So you can take that advise and use the -f and -l option in your case.
I added the information:
sudo mondoarchive -Ot -d /dev/st0 -g -f /dev/sdd -l GRUB -I /home/leo/WP60
Backup runs fine.

But when I want to verify the backup with:
sudo mondoarchive -Vt -d /dev/st0 -g -f /dev/sdd -l GRUB -I /home/leo/WP60
I stops after a while, nothing happens any more. I enclose the log file
Before the program stops I get:

ASSERTION FAILED: `orig_fname[0]!='\0''
     at libmondo-verify.c:581 in verify_an_afioball_from_stream

(I)gnore, ignore (A)ll, (D)ebug, a(B)ort, or (E)xit? D    ( I thought
that debug was the wisest choice.)


Wrong marker! (Should be BLK_START_FILE, is actually
BLK_START_FILE)Fatal error... MondoRescue is terminating in response to
a signal from the OSLK_STOP_AN_AFI
---FATALERROR--- MondoRescue is terminating in response to a signal from
the OS
If you require technical support, please contact the mailing list.
See http://www.mondorescue.org for details.
The list's members can help you, if you attach that file to your e-mail.
Log file: /var/log/mondoarchive.log
Mondo has aborted.
Execution run ended; result=254
Type 'less /var/log/mondoarchive.log' to see the output log

> However I'd be interested to see the result of a fdisk -l command on your system please.
I boot from sdb with IBM's bootmanager and I choose Xubuntu which is on sdd:
It is in dutch, Most partitions are OS/2 with JFS

> Disk /dev/sdb: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes
> 255 koppen, 63 sectoren/spoor, 38913 cilinders, totaal 625142448 sectoren
> Eenheid = sectoren van 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
> Sectorgrootte (logischl/fysiek): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> in-/uitvoergrootte (minimaal/optimaal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> Schijf-ID: 0xeed0eed0
>
>  Apparaat Opstart   Begin       Einde     Blokken   ID  Systeem
> /dev/sdb1   *          63       16064        8001    a  OS/2
> opstartmanager
> /dev/sdb2           16065   625137344   312560640    5  uitgebreid
> /dev/sdb5           16128      433754      208813+   7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb6          433818     3518234     1542208+   7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb7         3518298    24001109    10241406    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb8        24001173    34234514     5116671    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb9        34234578    40387409     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb10       40387473    46540304     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb11       46540368    56789774     5124703+  35  [onbekend]
> /dev/sdb12       56789838    97755524    20482843+  35  [onbekend]
> /dev/sdb13       97755588   101852099     2048256    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb14      101852163   153067319    25607578+  35  [onbekend]
> /dev/sdb15      153067383   173550194    10241406   35  [onbekend]
> /dev/sdb16      173550258   185839919     6144831   35  [onbekend]
> /dev/sdb17      185839983   247288544    30724281   35  [onbekend]
> /dev/sdb18      247288608   253441439     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb19      273924378   280077209     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
> /dev/sdb20      280077273   484889894   102406311   35  [onbekend]
> /dev/sdb21      484889958   625137344    70123693+   c  W95 FAT32 (LBA)

> Disk /dev/sdd: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
> 255 koppen, 63 sectoren/spoor, 60801 cilinders, totaal 976773168 sectoren
> Eenheid = sectoren van 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
> Sectorgrootte (logischl/fysiek): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> in-/uitvoergrootte (minimaal/optimaal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
> Schijf-ID: 0x00059c6d
>
>  Apparaat Opstart   Begin       Einde     Blokken   ID  Systeem
> /dev/sdd1   *          63      417689      208813+  83  Linux
> /dev/sdd2          417690   976768064   488175187+   5  uitgebreid
> /dev/sdd5          417753     2474009     1028128+  82  Linux
> wisselgeheugen
> /dev/sdd6         2474073   207286694   102406311   83  Linux
> /dev/sdd7       207286758   514497689   153605466   83  Linux
> /dev/sdd8       884603223   976768064    46082421   83  Linux
BTW

when I start mondoarchive without options I get, after I filled in:
/dev/st0:

Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf

which is the last line in the log file: mondoarchive1.log

--
Groeten van / Kind regards from
Leo Koelemij


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager
Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of
your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and
reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!
https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z
_______________________________________________
Mondo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mondo-devel

mondoarchive.log (18K) Download Attachment
mondoarchive1.log (7K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondoarchive won't run

Bruno Cornec-4
Hello Leo,

Leo Koelemij said on Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 09:19:50PM +0200:

>>Leo Koelemij said on Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 03:18:18PM +0200:
>>>Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
>>>DBG1: libmondo-devices.c->mr_asprintf#2385: Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
>>I'm able to reproduce and have fixed it in rev [3576]. Thanks for your report and log.
>I used the new ones:
>
>Xubuntu 12.04
>libmondorescue-perl_3.2.320160414030156-0_all.deb
>mindi_3.0.320160414030156-0_amd64.deb
>mondo_3.2.320160414030156-0_amd64.deb
>Mindi busybox 1.21.1-1

They do not seem to be newer in fact. please now use the upstream 3.2.2 official version at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/12.04

>>So you can take that advise and use the -f and -l option in your case.
>I added the information:
>sudo mondoarchive -Ot -d /dev/st0 -g -f /dev/sdd -l GRUB -I /home/leo/WP60
>Backup runs fine.

Ok. So you have a workaround.

>But when I want to verify the backup with:
>sudo mondoarchive -Vt -d /dev/st0 -g -f /dev/sdd -l GRUB -I /home/leo/WP60
>I stops after a while, nothing happens any more. I enclose the log file
>Before the program stops I get:
>
>ASSERTION FAILED: `orig_fname[0]!='\0''
>    at libmondo-verify.c:581 in verify_an_afioball_from_stream
>
>(I)gnore, ignore (A)ll, (D)ebug, a(B)ort, or (E)xit? D    ( I thought
>that debug was the wisest choice.)

Ok. I've made a ticket for this one:
http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/798

>I boot from sdb with IBM's bootmanager and I choose Xubuntu which is on sdd:
>It is in dutch, Most partitions are OS/2 with JFS

In order to help me, as my dutch isn't fluent, could you just relaunch with:

LANGUAGE=C LANG=C fdisk -l

on a bash shell please ?

>> Apparaat Opstart   Begin       Einde     Blokken   ID  Systeem
>>/dev/sdb1   *          63       16064        8001    a  OS/2 opstartmanager

I think that may be the problem BTW :-)

>when I start mondoarchive without options I get, after I filled in:
>/dev/st0:
>Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf

That should be fixed in the official version. Your version is before the revision fixing that problem.

Bruno.
--
Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead  http://www.hpintelco.net
HPE EMEA EG Open Source Technology Strategist http://hp.com/go/opensource
FLOSS projects:     http://mondorescue.org     http://project-builder.org
Musique ancienne? http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who
bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of MDM
restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only the
apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data untouched!
https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/304595813;131938128;j
_______________________________________________
Mondo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mondo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Mondo-devel] mondoarchive won't run

Leo Koelemij
Hello Bruno,



Op 13-05-16 om 11:48 schreef Bruno Cornec:

> Hello Leo,
>
> Leo Koelemij said on Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 09:19:50PM +0200:
>>> Leo Koelemij said on Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 03:18:18PM +0200:
>>>> Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
>>>> DBG1: libmondo-devices.c->mr_asprintf#2385: Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
>>> I'm able to reproduce and have fixed it in rev [3576]. Thanks for your report and log.
>> I used the new ones:
>>
>> Xubuntu 12.04
>> libmondorescue-perl_3.2.320160414030156-0_all.deb
>> mindi_3.0.320160414030156-0_amd64.deb
>> mondo_3.2.320160414030156-0_amd64.deb
>> Mindi busybox 1.21.1-1
> They do not seem to be newer in fact. please now use the upstream 3.2.2 official version at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/12.04
>
OK thanks.

>>> So you can take that advise and use the -f and -l option in your case.
>> I added the information:
>> sudo mondoarchive -Ot -d /dev/st0 -g -f /dev/sdd -l GRUB -I /home/leo/WP60
>> Backup runs fine.
> Ok. So you have a workaround.
>
>> But when I want to verify the backup with:
>> sudo mondoarchive -Vt -d /dev/st0 -g -f /dev/sdd -l GRUB -I /home/leo/WP60
>> I stops after a while, nothing happens any more. I enclose the log file
>> Before the program stops I get:
>>
>> ASSERTION FAILED: `orig_fname[0]!='\0''
>>     at libmondo-verify.c:581 in verify_an_afioball_from_stream
>>
>> (I)gnore, ignore (A)ll, (D)ebug, a(B)ort, or (E)xit? D    ( I thought
>> that debug was the wisest choice.)
> Ok. I've made a ticket for this one:
> http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/798
Thanks. I have to wait for 3.2.3.
>> I boot from sdb with IBM's bootmanager and I choose Xubuntu which is on sdd:
>> It is in dutch, Most partitions are OS/2 with JFS
> In order to help me, as my dutch isn't fluent, could you just relaunch with:
>
> LANGUAGE=C LANG=C fdisk -l
>
> on a bash shell please ?
>
This is the english version:

leo@intel-i5:~$ sudo LANGUAGE=C LANG=C fdisk -l /dev/sdb

Disk /dev/sdb: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xeed0eed0

    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdb1   *          63       16064        8001    a  OS/2 Boot Manager
/dev/sdb2           16065   625137344   312560640    5  Extended
/dev/sdb5           16128      433754      208813+   7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb6          433818     3518234     1542208+   7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb7         3518298    24001109    10241406    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb8        24001173    34234514     5116671    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb9        34234578    40387409     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb10       40387473    46540304     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb11       46540368    56789774     5124703+  35  Unknown
/dev/sdb12       56789838    97755524    20482843+  35  Unknown
/dev/sdb13       97755588   101852099     2048256    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb14      101852163   153067319    25607578+  35  Unknown
/dev/sdb15      153067383   173550194    10241406   35  Unknown
/dev/sdb16      173550258   185839919     6144831   35  Unknown
/dev/sdb17      185839983   247288544    30724281   35  Unknown
/dev/sdb18      247288608   253441439     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb19      273924378   280077209     3076416    7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sdb20      280077273   484889894   102406311   35  Unknown
/dev/sdb21      484889958   625137344    70123693+   c  W95 FAT32 (LBA)


leo@intel-i5:~$ sudo LANGUAGE=C LANG=C fdisk -l /dev/sdd

Disk /dev/sdd: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders, total 976773168 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00059c6d

    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdd1   *          63      417689      208813+  83  Linux
/dev/sdd2          417690   976768064   488175187+   5  Extended
/dev/sdd5          417753     2474009     1028128+  82  Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sdd6         2474073   207286694   102406311   83  Linux
/dev/sdd7       207286758   514497689   153605466   83  Linux
/dev/sdd8       884603223   976768064    46082421   83  Linux



>>> Apparaat Opstart   Begin       Einde     Blokken   ID  Systeem
>>> /dev/sdb1   *          63       16064        8001    a  OS/2 opstartmanager
> I think that may be the problem BTW :-)
>
>> when I start mondoarchive without options I get, after I filled in:
>> /dev/st0:
>> Unable to alloc memory in mr_asprintf
> That should be fixed in the official version. Your version is before the revision fixing that problem.
>
> Bruno.

--
Groeten van / Kind regards from
Leo Koelemij


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who
bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of MDM
restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only the
apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data untouched!
https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/304595813;131938128;j
_______________________________________________
Mondo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mondo-devel