Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + [netfsopt=-o option] in boot: unable mount NFS share?

[Mondo-devel] mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + [netfsopt=-o option] in boot: unable mount NFS share?

spezialist
Hi all!

I found an interesting bug: if when booting, for example, from the bootable DVD, created by mindi or mondoarchive to specify, except parameters [netfsmount=server:mountpoint] and [netfspath=local_path] also parameter [netfsopt=-o option], then the NFS resource specified by me, won't be mounted (the unclear error of NFS mounting appears).

For example, I have a NFS server (v3 on the basis of the server with AIX 7.1), which requires mandatory specifying of such parameters to mount: netfsopt="-o noatime,nolock,mountproto=tcp".

I.e., I want to tell, that as soon as in parameters of booting initrd we specify the 'netfsopt=-o ....' parameter for mounting of a NFS resource, this resource won't be mounted.

In what there can be a problem? Can do it it is connected somehow to here such warning from README.pxe: "CAVEAT: the limit to the number of char on the append line is 255. Use symlinks to reduce the size of your path if needed."

Very thanks for the support.

--
Чорнобиль форева!

-- реклама -----------------------------------------------------------
Поторопись зарегистрировать самый короткий почтовый адрес @i.ua
http://mail.i.ua/reg - и получи 1Gb для хранения писем

Re: [Mondo-devel] mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + [netfsopt=-o option] in boot: unable mount NFS share?

Bruno Cornec-4
spezialist said on Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 12:27:14AM +0300:
>I.e., I want to tell, that as soon as in parameters of booting initrd we specify the 'netfsopt=-o ....' parameter for mounting of a NFS resource, this resource won't be mounted.

The way it's done, you done to pass quotes around the option in fact.

Could you try with netfsopt="-o blabla" ?

Re: [Mondo-devel] mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + [netfsopt=-o option] in boot: unable mount NFS share?

spezialist
Yes, I pass quotes arround the option and also NFS resource won't be mounted. Any ideas?

21.09.2016 00:51, Bruno Cornec <[hidden email]>

>spezialist said on Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 12:27:14AM +0300:
> >I.e., I want to tell, that as soon as in parameters of booting initrd we specify the 'netfsopt=-o ....' parameter for mounting of a NFS resource, this resource won't be mounted.
>
> The way it's done, you done to pass quotes around the option in fact.
>
> Could you try with netfsopt="-o blabla" ?
>
> Bruno.
> --
> Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead     http://www.hpintelco.net
> HPE EMEA EG FLOSS Technology Strategist http://www.hpe.com/engage/opensource
> FLOSS projects:    http://mondorescue.org         http://project-builder.org
> Musique ancienne?   http://www.musique-ancienne.org  http://www.medieval.org

Чорнобиль форева!

-- реклама -----------------------------------------------------------
До 10% знижка на другий дім в ЖК Нова Англія
http://h.holder.com.ua/c?tz&z1585&b123916&s03908&r[rndID]&u

spezialist said on Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 03:27:10PM +0300:
>Yes, I pass quotes arround the option and also NFS resource won't be mounted. Any ideas?
>
>21.09.2016 00:51, Bruno Cornec <[hidden email]>
>>spezialist said on Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 12:27:14AM +0300:
>> >I.e., I want to tell, that as soon as in parameters of booting initrd we specify the 'netfsopt=-o ....' parameter for mounting of a NFS resource, this resource won't be mounted.
>>
>> The way it's done, you done to pass quotes around the option in fact.
>>
>> Could you try with netfsopt="-o blabla" ?

Could you then provide your logfile at restore time please, so I can see how it's seen by the script ?