Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] failed mondoarchive SUSE 8.1

[Mondo-devel] failed mondoarchive SUSE 8.1

joc ber
Hi
I have been tasked to transfer an  old SUSE 8.1 system to vmware.
mondorecue seems a great way to do this. Having download from the mondo site I gave it a try.
I am running into problems with the execution

Fatal error. Cannot copy /usr/bin/xargs to /export/tmp.mondo.7070/mindilinux/25719/bigdir ... etc

Trying to do full imaging backup to NFS, and have a working NFS drive mounted
using the  mondoarchive command and let  the software itself choose settings as described in the documentation.
I did answer the question that I wanted a full image and it was nfs
still it seem to try to write to /export which is one of the file systems I am trying to include in the back up ?

Enclosed /var/log/mondoarchive.log from this run.

Help is appreciated
Regards

mondo-archive.log (16K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] failed mondoarchive SUSE 8.1

Bruno Cornec-4
joc ber said on Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 03:24:43PM +0200:
>Fatal error. Cannot copy /usr/bin/xargs to
>/export/tmp.mondo.7070/mindilinux/25719/bigdir ... etc

Probably a problem with size of disks.
Please consider looking at /etc/mindi/mindi.conf and increase values mentionned there (depends on the version you use)

>I did answer the question that I wanted a full image and it was nfs
>still it seem to try to write to /export which is one of the file systems I
>am trying to include in the back up ?

Depending on the version it may choose for you the largest dir available locally for that, which may be a problem. You can force with usage of -S and -T. Cf man page.
Of course, your version is something I wasn't even involved with (Mondo Archive v1.67). So you may have tons of issues with it.
THe conf should then been done in the mindi script. Consider upgrading if possible.

Bruno
Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec