[Mondo-devel] contents of /tmp directory does not get restored after mondo restore

[Mondo-devel] contents of /tmp directory does not get restored after mondo restore

Vaze, Mandar (Mandar)

Is this a known problem ? We are using following RPMs on RHEL 4.7

mondo-2.2.8-1.rhel4

mtools-3.9.9-9

mindi-2.0.7-1.rhel4

mindi-busybox-1.7.3-1.rhel4

No errors were seen during the mondoarchive. This was tested at least couple of times with same results.

/tmp is empty after the restore. (So can’t look at /tmp/mondorestore.log)

-Mandar

Re: [Mondo-devel] contents of /tmp directory does not get restored after mondo restore

Gattegno, Victor (GSD CSC / GCC)

Hello Mandar,

The Mondorescue logs files are :

    * /var/log/mondoarchive.log
    * /var/log/mondorestore.log
    * /var/log/mindi.log (which is included in mondoarchive.log, if mindi is called from mondo)

The /tmp directory is not backuped by mondoarchive, unless you include it with -I option.

Check http://www.mondorescue.org/docs/mondoarchive.8.html

Victor

Re: [Mondo-devel] contents of /tmp directory does not getrestored after mondo restore

Vaze, Mandar (Mandar)
Victor,

Thanks a LOT for responding so quickly.

We are running mondoarchive as follows :
mondoarchive -Or -9 -d /dev/cdrom -s 4480m

We aren't calling any Include or Exclude paths.
The link you have provided says " The default backup path is `/'"
Doesn't this mean Mondo would backup EVERYTHING under root, including
/tmp ?

I will look at /var/log/mondorestore.log to see if there are any errors.

-Mandar

[Mondo-devel] RESOLVED : RE: contents of /tmp directory does not getrestored after mondo restore

Vaze, Mandar (Mandar)
Never mind my query below. I also found this on the link you have
provided. This answers my question. Thanks.

"Note that mondo automatically excludes removable media (/mnt/floppy,
/mnt/cdrom, /proc, /sys, /tmp)."

-Mandar