Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] USB Key does not boot w. mondo 3.2.2-1 + mindi 3.0.2-1 (Debian Sid)

[Mondo-devel] USB Key does not boot w. mondo 3.2.2-1 + mindi 3.0.2-1 (Debian Sid)

Hugo Vanwoerkom
Hi,
I can restore just fine from the USB Key that was made by mondo 3.2.2-1
+ mindo 3.0.2-1, but it won't boot :-(

Logs are attached.

Hugo

mindi.log.bz2 (54K) Download Attachment
mindi.run.bz2 (1K) Download Attachment
mondoarchive.log.bz2 (73K) Download Attachment
JB

Re: [Mondo-devel] USB Key does not boot w. mondo 3.2.2-1 + mindi 3.0.2-1 (Debian Sid)

Hello Hugo,

Hugo Vanwoerkom said on Sat, May 28, 2016 at 09:41:39PM -0500:
>I can restore just fine from the USB Key that was made by mondo
>3.2.2-1 + mindo 3.0.2-1, but it won't boot :-(

You're probably a victim of either http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/797 or
http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/789

I'll make tests with Debian 8 to see these issues, and yours for 3.2.3.
However, looking at my calendar, it won't happen before end of June.

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead  http://www.hpintelco.net
HPE EMEA EG Open Source Technology Strategist http://hp.com/go/opensource
FLOSS projects:     http://mondorescue.org     http://project-builder.org
Musique ancienne? http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

JB said on Sun, May 29, 2016 at 12:19:18AM -0600:
>Join club. I had to switch to rear. Maybe at some point I will have
>time figure out why it broke and has stayed broken (been a couple
>years now) but for now, it is what it is.

It's good that there are multiple solutions availble as they work differently
for different use case. Now your contrbution here is rather empty, I'd have
prefered a patch which would have helped more no ?

As wrt couple of years, I really doubt it's like that, even if our release
cycle is slow.

Bruno Cornec wrote:

> Hello Hugo,
>
> Hugo Vanwoerkom said on Sat, May 28, 2016 at 09:41:39PM -0500:
>> I can restore just fine from the USB Key that was made by mondo
>> 3.2.2-1 + mindo 3.0.2-1, but it won't boot :-(
>
> You're probably a victim of either http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/797 or
> http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/789
>
> I'll make tests with Debian 8 to see these issues, and yours for 3.2.3.
> However, looking at my calendar, it won't happen before end of June.

Hi Bruno,

I should have mentioned in the post that the screen is blank with a
blinking cursor and there are no messages. Both tickets mention messages.

Mindi.log on line 3945 says that he found ldlinux.c32 and is copying it.

Hugo

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Bruno Cornec wrote:
>> Hello Hugo,
>>
>> Hugo Vanwoerkom said on Sat, May 28, 2016 at 09:41:39PM -0500:
>>> I can restore just fine from the USB Key that was made by mondo
>>> 3.2.2-1 + mindo 3.0.2-1, but it won't boot :-(
>> You're probably a victim of either http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/797 or
>> http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/789
>>
>> I'll make tests with Debian 8 to see these issues, and yours for 3.2.3.
>> However, looking at my calendar, it won't happen before end of June.
>>

> Hi Bruno,
>
> I should have mentioned in the post that the screen is blank with a
> blinking cursor and there are no messages. Both tickets mention messages.
>
> Mindi.log on line 3945 says that he found ldlinux.c32 and is copying it.

Hi Bruno,
Any luck yet?

Hugo

Re: [Mondo-devel] USB Key does not boot w. mondo 3.2.2-1 + mindi 3.0.2-1 (Debian Sid)

Bruno Cornec-4
Hugo Vanwoerkom said on Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 09:23:35PM -0500:

>Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>> Bruno Cornec wrote:

>>> You're probably a victim of either http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/797 or
>>> http://trac.mondorescue.org/ticket/789
>>>
>>> I'll make tests with Debian 8 to see these issues, and yours for 3.2.3.
>>> However, looking at my calendar, it won't happen before end of June.
>>>

>> Hi Bruno,
>>
>> I should have mentioned in the post that the screen is blank with a
>> blinking cursor and there are no messages. Both tickets mention messages.
>>
>> Mindi.log on line 3945 says that he found ldlinux.c32 and is copying it.
>>

>Hi Bruno,
>Any luck yet?

Hello Hugo and others,

Sorry not. I started to work on this before the vacation hoping it could be a quick modification, but it's not, and I'll have to resue my work on it now I'm back. However, I'm again traveling for work next week (LinuxCon Canada in case some of you want to say hello !) and I won't be able to work on it before early September at best.