[Mondo-devel] Restoring from iSCSI attached tape drive when booted from restore CD

[Mondo-devel] Restoring from iSCSI attached tape drive when booted from restore CD

David C. Partridge
Please could I ask for guidance on how to do this please?  The manual
doesn't appear to cover it.

I'm guessing that I can't use OBDR with an iSCSI attached drive, as my BIOS
doesn't "grok" iSCSI boot.

Thanks
Dave

Re: [Mondo-devel] Restoring from iSCSI attached tape drive when booted from restore CD

Bruno Cornec-4
David C. Partridge said on Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 03:14:58PM +0000:
>Please could I ask for guidance on how to do this please?  The manual
>doesn't appear to cover it.

THere is no guidance as nobody did that earlier :-(
Even iSCSI support has not been tested yet. I trid to add the relevant drivers in mindi, but never had a setup to test that.

>I'm guessing that I can't use OBDR with an iSCSI attached drive, as my BIOS
>doesn't "grok" iSCSI boot.

THere is no reason you couldn't once iSCSI support is there however.