Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] Restoreproblem with Debian 8

[Mondo-devel] Restoreproblem with Debian 8

Andreas Grewe
Hey there,

it's the first time I am using a mailing list, so I hope I am doing everything right.

I've backed up a virtual VMWare debian machine and that worked fine. I am restoring on another virtual machine which is configured the same way and has enough space. I am not able to get the full log right now via the VMWare console. But I did screenshots attached them.

I am using the latest mondorescue versions from the following url: ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/debian/8

Kind regards

01.jpg (34K) Download Attachment
03.jpg (30K) Download Attachment
05.jpg (33K) Download Attachment
02.jpg (36K) Download Attachment
04.jpg (28K) Download Attachment
06.jpg (33K) Download Attachment
07.jpg (28K) Download Attachment
08.jpg (31K) Download Attachment
09.jpg (15K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] Restoreproblem with Debian 8

Marco Gaiarin
Mandi! Andreas Grewe
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I've backed up a virtual VMWare debian machine and that worked fine. I am
> restoring on another virtual machine which is configured the same way and has
> enough space. I am not able to get the full log right now via the VMWare
> console. But I did screenshots attached them.

It is a ''known bug'' of the newer mondo version (as reported in list,
affected seems all debian version and some RH/CentOS one).

Practically speaking, mondo restore script/program does not speak very
well with fdisk, and so miscreate partition that have a ''complex''
structure (eg, some logical partition).

The only solution seems, for now, to switch to another VT, do a manual
partitioning with 'fdisk', and then choose 'no' to the question that
ask to cancel the disk, so simply it use the handmade partitoning.

We are all seeking feedback from Bruno...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123

Re: [Mondo-devel] Restoreproblem with Debian 8

Andreas Grewe
Thanks for the answer!

Is there any progress on that topic? I am checking the ftp server daily for new version but for a long time now there are no new ones.

Marco Gaiarin <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mo., 11. Juli 2016, 12:36:
Mandi! Andreas Grewe
  In chel di` si favelave...