[Mondo-devel] [Restore] Partitioning trouble on debian...

[Mondo-devel] [Restore] Partitioning trouble on debian...

Marco Gaiarin

I'm doing a bunch of P2V conversion, now, and so i'm testing mondo.
Mondo latest stable, debian wheezy (7), amd64.

Restore works, but seems that mondo cannot handle logical/extended
partition (MBR).
If i define the partition in the interface as 'sda1, sda2, and then sda5
and sda6' i get insted 'sda1 sda2 sda3', so the restoration failed.
I was able o restore doing ''manual'' partition (with fdisk, on another
virtual terminal) and then choosing 'no' to the question related to
repartition the HD, but...

The P server was a software RAID 1, the V one had also a different
partition schema, so doing manual repartition was not so much trouble.

Log attached.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123

mondorestore-invernomuto.log.bz2 (48K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] [Restore] Partitioning trouble on debian...

Marco Gaiarin

I reply to myself.

> I'm doing a bunch of P2V conversion, now, and so i'm testing mondo.
> Mondo latest stable, debian wheezy (7), amd64.
>
> Restore works, but seems that mondo cannot handle logical/extended
> partition (MBR).
> If i define the partition in the interface as 'sda1, sda2, and then sda5
> and sda6' i get insted 'sda1 sda2 sda3', so the restoration failed.
> I was able o restore doing ''manual'' partition (with fdisk, on another
> virtual terminal) and then choosing 'no' to the question related to
> repartition the HD, but...
>
> The P server was a software RAID 1, the V one had also a different
> partition schema, so doing manual repartition was not so much trouble.

I'm doing more P2V migration of debian wheezy box, but, indipendently
of P setup (some software RAID, some hardware raid, ...) automatically
repartitioning failed, with strange result (eg, if i do vda1-2-5-6-7, i
got vda1 or some time vda1-2-3).

Nothing that can be cured with a manual repartition on VT2, but...

Thanks.