[Mondo-devel] Problems with mondorestore

[Mondo-devel] Problems with mondorestore

volker
 Hi there,
I' ve got some problems with mondorestore.
The system I want to backup runs on SLES 11.

The following packages are installed:
afio-2.5-36.1.x86_64.rpm
buffer-1.19-740.x86_64.rpm
libnewt0_52-0.52.10-1.31.x86_64.rpm
linc-1.0.3-1.x86_64.rpm
mindi-2.0.7.5-1.sles11.x86_64.rpm
mindi-busybox-1.7.3-2.sles11.x86_64.rpm
mondo-2.2.9.4-1.sles11.x86_64.rpm
newt-0.52.10-1.31.x86_64.rpm
slang-2.1.1-58.18.x86_64.rpm

- Inside the server is one SATA disk which is visible at /dev/sda1.
- I plugged in the USB key. The device is visible on /dev/sdb.
- Create a bootable USB device with the following command:
 mondoarchive -OU -d /dev/sdb -s 4000m -E "/var/lib/ntp/proc"

 Everything works fine.

- Reboot the server and change the BIOS boot order (1st: USB key; 2nd: SATA
disk)
- At start screen press enter
- After a couple of stdouts, mondo(mindi) could not mount the device
/dev/sdb to /mnt/cdrom

I think the identified devices have changed. So the usb key is /dev/sda and
the disk /dev/sdb.
How can I solve the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions

Volker

mondoFiles.tar.gz (55K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] Problems with mondorestore

Bruno Cornec-2
Volker Heim said on Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:21:15PM +0200:

> I think the identified devices have changed. So the usb key is /dev/sda and
> the disk /dev/sdb.
> How can I solve the problem?

If you use force_mods="driver" this driver will be loaded first so you
can change the way the detection is made.

Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com
HP/Intel/Red Hat Open Source Solutions Initiative  / http://www.hpintelco.net
http://www.HyPer-Linux.org  http://mondorescue.org http://project-builder.org
La musique ancienne?  http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

Re: [Mondo-devel] Problems with mondorestore

volker
I use some sata drivers FORCE_MODS="ide-pci-generic ata_generic pata_acpi
ata_piix" in /usr/sbin/mindi
but the problem still exists.
I take the modules from lspci -v

00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801IR/IO/IH (ICH9R/DO/DH) 4 port
SATA IDE Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
 Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc Device d180
 Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
 I/O ports at 1c50 [size=8]
 I/O ports at 1c44 [size=4]
 I/O ports at 1c48 [size=8]
 I/O ports at 1c40 [size=4]
 I/O ports at 1c10 [size=16]
 I/O ports at 1c00 [size=16]
 Capabilities: [b0] PCIe advanced features
 Kernel driver in use: ata_piix
 Kernel modules: ide-pci-generic, ata_generic, pata_acpi, ata_piix

 Volker
----------------urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----------------
Von: "Bruno Cornec"
An: "Mondo mailing list" [hidden email]
Datum: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:13:53 +0200

mondo.zip (93K) Download Attachment

Volker Heim said on Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 02:17:27PM +0200:

> I use some sata drivers FORCE_MODS="ide-pci-generic ata_generic pata_acpi
> ata_piix" in /usr/sbin/mindi

Which is different from using the boot time option forcemods="ata_piix"
as I think you should rather use to solve your problem.

Also consider option usb=/dev/sda

This is documented in README.bootparam from mindi

Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com
HP/Intel/Red Hat Open Source Solutions Initiative  / http://www.hpintelco.net
http://www.HyPer-Linux.org  http://mondorescue.org http://project-builder.org
La musique ancienne?  http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

Re: [Mondo-devel] Problems with mondorestore

volker
Now it works.
Thank you for help.

Volker