[Mondo-devel] Problem restoring files

Nikolaos Milas
Hello,

I have a backup of a server taken as a set of ISO files using the command:

    /usr/sbin/mondoarchive -O -V -i -s 4480m -d $Newdir2 -E "/mnt" -T
    "/mnt/dd2500-1/vmailtmp" -9

(Note: The $Newdir2 is at a mounted -via nfs- directory.)

This set of 64 ISOs (yes, sixty four) now lies at a mounted (via nfs)
directory.

I am trying to restore a directory tree from this backup but without
success.

I am doing "mondorestore", then I select "Hard Disk", and when I give
the paths, it reads the backup, it allows me to select what I want to
restore (it's a .INBOX.Sent directory from a user's Maildir), but, when
it -supposedly- starts restoring, it prompts me to "Insert ISO #1",
although all ISOs already exist at that point. The process gets stuck
there, and it won't do anything. I have to kill the process.

What may be wrong? What can I do to finish restore successfully?

If it's not possible to restore using the Hard Disk option, I should
probably try using DVD, but it's not easy as this is a remote VM where
mounting must be done over http.

I am attaching the mondorestore.log for your reference.

Please advise,

Thanks,
Nick

mondorestore.log (560K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] Problem restoring files

Kapali Antaryami Das
clean the disk & insert it will work. it not working then please burn the iso with  new DVD & try it.

It happened with me  & resolved as above mentioned

hope it will help you

     Thanks & Regards,
Kapali Antaryami Das
     IT  Administrator

114/144/1, 3rd Floor, Shubharam Complex, M.G.Road, Bengaluru - 560001
Mob :   +91 8892389129/7795850891

On 7/4/2017 3:23 μμ, Kapali Antaryami Das wrote:

> clean the disk & insert it will work. it not working then please burn
> the iso with  new DVD & try it.

Hello,

This is a VM and the DVD(s) can only be mounted virtually as ISO files.

Moreover, in this case, we attempt a restore from "Hard Disk", since ALL
ISO files (backed up as DVDs) are on a mounted filesystem and directly
available from a "Hard Disk".

So, your suggestion is not applicable in this context.

Thanks,
Nick