[Mondo-devel] No space available and devfsd missing

[Mondo-devel] No space available and devfsd missing

yann49
Hi,

Since last week I am fighting with the installation of MONDORESCUE on my
desktop UBUNTU-MATE 16.10.

I installed mondo + mindi-busybox + mindi withe the help of that page.

Installation was done from ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/16.04/ with
Synaptic I got after installation :

- mondo version 3.2.2-1

- mindi version 3.0.2-1

- and mindi-busybox version 1.2.1-4

First problem came from version of mindi-busybox which is different from
the version of the ftp site.

So I got broken reference within package.

Action taken : I went in the file to change the condition relating to
the version to fix the problem (change 1.2.1-4 for 1.21.1-1).

Now OK

Then the trouble came form the fact that I had missing packages : grub2
not install, isolinux.

Action: installed missing packages

Now OK

Next trouble came from a WARNING saying that busybox could not be found.

Action: Reading the history of the list I found the answer and I changed
link to busybox in the file mindi shell-scripts.

Now OK

After all these episodes I could create a mindi boot CD.

Ouf !!!

Trying to make the ISO image of my system on a SATA HD I got always a
WARNING coming from missing file and missing space on disk (2To !!!) :

Deleting devfsd daemon from ramdisk

...because /sbin/devfsd not found

cp: erreur d'écriture de
'/tmp/mondo.tmp.5JFqbV/mountpoint.7453/tmp/mountlist.txt': Aucun espace
disponible sur le périphérique

FATAL ERROR. Cannot copy mountlist to ramdisk

After days of browsing on the net I am lost and I do not see what to do
and ask if you can help me.

Thank you

PS : log files mondoarchive and mini attached

mindi.log.gz (26K) Download Attachment
mondoarchive.log.gz (35K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] No space available and devfsd missing

Gattegno, Victor (GSD CSC / GCC)-2
Hi,

I see in your mondoarchive.log: "You are using Mindi-BusyBox v1.2.1".

You should install and use the one of Mondorescue : mindi-busybox-1.21.1.

http://trac.mondorescue.org/wiki/FAQ#Q38Whichversionsofmindiandmondoarecompatible

I see no mindi-busybox_1.21.1-1_i386.deb in ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/16.04 nor in ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/test/ubuntu/16.04, Mondorescue developer should create one, I just informed him of that through email.

Meanwhile you can try to download the mindi-busybox-1.21.1 sources (mindi-busybox-1.21.1.tar.gz) from ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/src and try to compile it.

Note : I see one mindi-busybox-1.21.1 package in ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/15.04.

About "missing space on disk", try to use mondoarchive -S and -T options with a directory that you can create on a partition with a lot of space, example:

mkdir /tmp/mondo && mkdir /tmp/mondo/tmp /tmp/mondo/scratch

mondoarchive ..........  -T /tmp/mondo/tmp -S /tmp/mondo/scratch

Regards,
Victor

Re: [Mondo-devel] No space available and devfsd missing

Bruno Cornec-4

Well, that was already covered here https://sourceforge.net/p/mondo/mailman/message/35432660/ and I still have not worked to the update of busybox to get that support.

>Meanwhile you can try to download the mindi-busybox-1.21.1 sources (mindi-busybox-1.21.1.tar.gz) from ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/src and try to compile it.
>Note : I see one mindi-busybox-1.21.1 package in ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/15.04.

I'm not sure it will help. Using 15.04 packages should work pretty easily however.

>About "missing space on disk", try to use mondoarchive -S and -T options with a directory that you can create on a partition with a lot of space, example:

Yep, and look at EXTRA_SPACE in mindi.conf