[Mondo-devel] Mondorestore on Redhat 6.5

[Mondo-devel] Mondorestore on Redhat 6.5

duongusa
I am tryting to do P2P for Dell system using Redhat 6.5.  Both of old and new system has hardware RAID-1
but slightly different disk manufacturer and size partition.

Archival on old system is clean , I have made/burn DVD without any problem.
Restore on new system has lot of problem:
First, old system /etc/fstab mounted with UUI along with Redhat LVM2

/dev/mapper/vg_edacs1-lv_root /                       ext4    defaults        1 1
UUID=e75e366c-482f-47b7-b857-45cab40b25ea /boot       ext4    defaults        1 2
/dev/mapper/vg_edacs1-lv_home /home                   ext4    defaults,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1        0 0
/dev/mapper/vg_edacs1-lv_swap swap              swap    defaults        0 0

I read the blog on /tmp/i-want-my-lvm, and try to follow it but don't have any success
I don't really understand the instruction as much as i should.

Any other method, or clearer guide anyone can help?
The new system has different UUID, so the disk partition failed at beginning.
I try to build a small OS on new system so I can get all disk partition first, then try to
restore on top of it, but again, it failed to write using 'interactive" option.

Any step by step that any one has done before on Rehat 6.5 LVM disk partition
of similar, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony Duong

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondorestore on Redhat 6.5

Bruno Cornec-4
duongusa said on Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:34:21PM +0000:
>I am tryting to do P2P for Dell system using Redhat 6.5.  Both of old and new system has hardware RAID-1but slightly different disk manufacturer and size partition.

Please provide logs if you want to receive some help here. Even no version used has been mentioned.

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead  http://www.hpintelco.net
HPE EMEA EG Open Source Technology Strategist http://hp.com/go/opensource
FLOSS projects:     http://mondorescue.org     http://project-builder.org
Musique ancienne? http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org