Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] Mondorescue won't start on Ubuntu 15.10

[Mondo-devel] Mondorescue won't start on Ubuntu 15.10

christianw_lehmann
Dear Andree (or anybody willing to occupy themselves with this),

I am running Ubuntu 15.10 and have just installed Mondorescue (mondo 3.2.2-1, mindi 3.0.2-1 and the other two packages) as explained on:

https://www.linuxhelp.com/how-to-install-mondo-rescue-disaster-recovery-tool-in-linux/

The installation went through fine.

On the first start of mondoarchive, it complained (among other things) that isolinux was missing. So I installed that and called mondoarchive again. The error message on the terminal is:
See /var/log/mondoarchive.log for details of backup run.
Checking sanity of your Linux distribution
You must have at least 32MB of RAM to use Mondo.
WARNING! You have very little RAM. Please upgrade to 64MB or more.
Failed.
Fatal error... Pre-param initialization phase failed. Please review the error messages above, make the specified changes, then try again. Exiting...
---FATALERROR--- Pre-param initialization phase failed. Please review the error messages above, make the specified changes, then try again. Exiting...
If you require technical support, please contact the mailing list.
See http://www.mondorescue.org for details.
The list's members can help you, if you attach that file to your e-mail.
Log file: /var/log/mondoarchive.log
Mondo has aborted.
Execution run ended; result=254
Type 'less /var/log/mondoarchive.log' to see the output log
The two log files are enclosed here. I cannot help myself since:
- I have more than enough RAM (8 GB, and nothing running beside mondoarchive); I'am enclosing info on my hardware just in case you need it.
- I can find no information on pre-param initialization on the wiki or faq pages.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Christian
--

Christian Lehmann
Rudolfstr. 4

Tel.: +49/361/2113417
E-Post: [hidden email]

mindi.log (34K) Download Attachment
mondoarchive.log (9K) Download Attachment
lshw.html (114K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondorescue won't start on Ubuntu 15.10

Bruno Cornec-4
Hello,

christianw_lehmann said on Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 03:44:05PM +0200:
>Dear Andree (or anybody willing to occupy themselves with this),

We have not seen Andree around for a very long time :-( So I'll take it.

>On the first start of mondoarchive, it complained (among other things)
>that isolinux was missing. So I installed that and called mondoarchive
>again. The error message on the terminal is:

Thanks for reporting. Sems Ubuntu has now a separate isolinux package since 15.10. So I'll update my build procedure to use that.

>   Checking sanity of your Linux distribution
>   You must have at least 32MB of RAM to use Mondo.
>   WARNING! You have very little RAM. Please upgrade to 64MB or more.

This message is not the fatal error. Ok, it's wrong, but due to a problem fixed in between on native language message badly interpreted.

>   Failed.
>   Fatal error... Pre-param initialization phase failed. Please review
>   the error messages above, make the specified changes, then try
>   again. Exiting...

>From the log, it seems you have an issue running
mr-parted2fdisk -l

Could you run it manually and report what is printed please ?
You may have a perl dependency missing as well.

Best regards,