[Mondo-devel] Mondoarchive failed on CentOS 7.2

[Mondo-devel] Mondoarchive failed on CentOS 7.2

Zbynek Sykora

Hello,

I am trying to archive my new HP ProLiant DL120 Gen9 Server, Dynamic Smart Array B140i RAID 5 Logical Drive 6 TB.
By CentOS 7.2 Minimal Installation I had to enter a special driver for B140i RAID (on boot menu ‘e’ and inst.dd modprobe.blacklist=ahci and adding USB with driver)

-            Mindi test run was ok – see mindi.log
I used extra space: EXTRA_SPACE=300000
I changed mindi script according some community post which fixed problem with syslinux

   just change the if test on lines 2213 and 2217 from:

   if [ $dname = "rhel" ] && [ $dver = "6" ]; then

   elif [ $dname = "rhel" ] && [ $dver = "7" ]; then

   to:

   if [ $dname = "rhel" -o $dname = "centos" ] && [ $dver = "6" ]; then

   elif [ $dname = "rhel" -o $dname = "centos" ] && [ $dver = "7" ]; then

-            Mondoarchive with following command was ok too.
mondoarchive -OVn nfs://192.168.100.3:/DiskD -d /Images/neklan -E '/mnt/backup' -p 'neklan'
and in my NAS location were created two iso files:
/Images/neklan/neklan-1.iso
/Images/neklan/neklan-1.iso
see mondoarchive.log

-            Now I will reboot from prepared USB Stick which was created by mondoarchive and restore the whole image from NAS location /Images/neklan/

After reboot and boot from USB I can see in boot menu only “expert” option, after click on “expert” the process ends with some errors see mondorestore.log.

Can you help me please? How can I restore the whole images from my NAS?

Thanks

Regards Zbynek

logs.tar.gz (222K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondoarchive failed on CentOS 7.2

Bruno Cornec-4
Zbynek Sykora said on Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:34:06AM +0000:
>mondoarchive -OVn nfs://192.168.100.3:/DiskD -d /Images/neklan -E '/mnt/backup' -p 'neklan'
>-            Now I will reboot from prepared USB Stick which was created by mondoarchive and restore the whole image from NAS location /Images/neklan/

mondoarchive in that case doesn't prepare a USB stick. Did you create it yourself ?
You need to start fomr the first neklan-1.iso image for that to work (it will in that case include the network drivers that you need at restore time so your NAS is found).

>After reboot and boot from USB I can see in boot menu only "expert" option, after click on "expert" the process ends with some errors see mondorestore.log.

You seem to have used the mindi ISO image instead. THat's not what you want.

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondoarchive failed on CentOS 7.2

Zbynek Sykora
Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your answer, after several tries I can backup and restore the HP ProLiant DL120 Gen9 Server, Dynamic Smart Array B140i RAID 5 Logical Drive 6 TB from created CDs - CentOS 7.
I used expert mode, partitioning my raid array with parted, formated the partitions, changed mountlist.txt, fstab then run mondorestore in interactive mode and finally manually repair (grub2-mkconfig) the bootloader.
It works!! - Thank you.

Now I would make the last step - restoring directly from my NFS Server where the isos were created.
I am not able to tell mondorestore to take the isos from my NFS Server:
Mondorestore cannot mount my NFS Disk - but I can mount it manually with:
mount 192.168.100.3:/DiskD -t nfs -o nolock /mnt/isodir if I omit the parameter -o nolock mount will not mount the drive.

What I did:
- booted from first mondorestore CDs
- expert mode
- parted, format and change mountlist.txt
- start mr-mount-me
- start mondorestore
- choose Interactively
- read from: Net mount
- Network Protokol: nfs
- Network share: 192.168.100.3:/DiskD
- Network user:  blank (no user)

After that I got "Please mount that partition before you try to backup to or restore from it."
I tried mount manually and then use source "hard disk" but it dídn't work too.
I appended mondorestore.log.

Thank you for any Help

Zbynek

mondorestore.log (342K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondoarchive failed on CentOS 7.2

Zbynek Sykora
Hi Rick,

thank you for your answer, the NFS server is an QNAP TS-421-U and the permissions are given throught allowing IP address. (Access right: No Limit, Squash option: NO_ROOT_SQUASH)
But I solved the problem now with manually mounting (to /mnt/isodir) and then I did following:
  - run mondorestore, then choose "Interactively" and "Hard disk"
  - Prefix: <you files-prefix >
  - ISO Mode - device: keep blank
  - ISO Mode - format: keep blank
  - Are you restoring from an external hard drive: NO
  - ISO Mode - path: /mnt/isodir/<your path to your images> (e.g. /mnt/isodir/Images/mycomp)

Thanks again.

Regards
Zbynek

On 04/21/2017 04:23 AM, Zbynek Sykora wrote:

> Hi Bruno,
>
> Thank you for your answer, after several tries I can backup and restore the HP ProLiant DL120 Gen9 Server, Dynamic Smart Array B140i RAID 5 Logical Drive 6 TB from created CDs - CentOS 7.
> I used expert mode, partitioning my raid array with parted, formated the partitions, changed mountlist.txt, fstab then run mondorestore in interactive mode and finally manually repair (grub2-mkconfig) the bootloader.
> It works!! - Thank you.
>
> Now I would make the last step - restoring directly from my NFS Server where the isos were created.
> I am not able to tell mondorestore to take the isos from my NFS Server:
> Mondorestore cannot mount my NFS Disk - but I can mount it manually with:
> mount 192.168.100.3:/DiskD -t nfs -o nolock /mnt/isodir if I omit the parameter -o nolock mount will not mount the drive.

It appears that that your NFS server doesn't support NLM side-band locking or your client isn't sending credentials along with the lock request (if this is during the restore, Mindi probably doesn't send credentials). In either case, you have to use "-o nolock" on the mount.

You didn't say what OS your NFS server is running. You might be able to export the share with the "insecure_locks" or "no_auth_nlm" options (both options mean the same thing) and the (flawed) Mindi client might be able to mount it without specifying "-o nolock". Never tried it myself, but it's worth a shot.

> What I did:
> - booted from first mondorestore CDs
> - expert mode
> - parted, format and change mountlist.txt
> - start mr-mount-me
> - start mondorestore
> - choose Interactively
> - read from: Net mount
> - Network Protokol: nfs
> - Network share: 192.168.100.3:/DiskD
> - Network user:  blank (no user)
>
> After that I got "Please mount that partition before you try to backup to or restore from it."
> I tried mount manually and then use source "hard disk" but it dídn't work too.
> I appended mondorestore.log.
>
> Thank you for any Help
>
> Zbynek

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital    [hidden email] -
- AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 226437340           Yahoo: origrps2 -
-                                                                    -
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondoarchive failed on CentOS 7.2

Rick Stevens
On 04/24/2017 01:12 AM, Zbynek Sykora wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> thank you for your answer, the NFS server is an QNAP TS-421-U and the permissions are given throught allowing IP address. (Access right: No Limit, Squash option: NO_ROOT_SQUASH)
> But I solved the problem now with manually mounting (to /mnt/isodir) and then I did following:
>   - run mondorestore, then choose "Interactively" and "Hard disk"
>   - Prefix: <you files-prefix >
>   - ISO Mode - device: keep blank
>   - ISO Mode - format: keep blank
>   - Are you restoring from an external hard drive: NO
>   - ISO Mode - path: /mnt/isodir/<your path to your images> (e.g. /mnt/isodir/Images/mycomp)
>
> Thanks again.

I'm just glad you got it sorted out. It may be that there's some
odd thing that blocks Mindi from mounting. I've never used an NFS backup
with mondo--just firewire, USB or ESATA external drives.

-             To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.               -

Zbynek Sykora said on Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:23:08AM +0000:
>Thank you for your answer, after several tries I can backup and restore the HP ProLiant DL120 Gen9 Server, Dynamic Smart Array B140i RAID 5 Logical Drive 6 TB from created CDs - CentOS 7.
>I used expert mode, partitioning my raid array with parted, formated the partitions, changed mountlist.txt, fstab then run mondorestore in interactive mode and finally manually repair (grub2-mkconfig) the bootloader.
>It works!! - Thank you.
>
>Now I would make the last step - restoring directly from my NFS Server where the isos were created.
>I am not able to tell mondorestore to take the isos from my NFS Server:
>Mondorestore cannot mount my NFS Disk - but I can mount it manually with:
>mount 192.168.100.3:/DiskD -t nfs -o nolock /mnt/isodir if I omit the parameter -o nolock mount will not mount the drive.

That's what the image you boot on is also doing. From your logs:
08:21 INFO: Mounting Network share (192.168.100.3:/DiskD) on /tmp/isodir...
08:21 INFO: Mounting Remote image nezamysl-1.iso in /Images/nezamysl on /mnt/cdrom in loopback

>- booted from first mondorestore CDs
>- expert mode

So what happens when you don't type export but just iso at boot time.

>- parted, format and change mountlist.txt
>- start mr-mount-me
>- start mondorestore

You shouldn't have to do that.

>- choose Interactively
>- read from: Net mount
>- Network Protokol: nfs
>- Network share: 192.168.100.3:/DiskD
>- Network user:  blank (no user)
>
>After that I got "Please mount that partition before you try to backup to or restore from it."

THe last times I have made checks with that it was working at that point.
I fixed recently a case where a different version of NFS was used at bakcup and restore, which was creating an issue.

So you may want to try the latest test version to see if it's fixed if that's also your case.

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec