Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] Mondo with ubuntu 9.04

Petratos Tony

Dear all,

Please forgive me if this ever been answered in the past, but at preset I am having a difficulty in finding what I am looking for.

I am trying to create an ISO file which contains Mondo and Mindi in-order to create a backup of my Linux and windows operating system I have.

These machines are used as file server in my house and it will take up two days to recreate what I have done, that is if I can remember all the settings and other rule sets I have done.

Now that in mind I wanted to use Mondo to create a backup of my hard disk in case I have any system fail or HD fail and I need to restore cold.

Please let me know a good easy to follow step by step guide where I can find, better still if there is an ISO file for any Linux distribution with contain Mondo and Mindi would be perfect.

Once again many thanks for all your help in advance.

Regards

Tony

Tony Petratos

+            1 Puddle Dock,

     London,

   EC4V 3DS

(   +44 (0) 20 3201 1603

È    +44 (0) 7766 464 100

:  [hidden email]

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The content of this email (and any attachment) is confidential. It may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

This email should not be used by anyone who is not an original intended recipient, nor may it be copied or disclosed to anyone who is not an original intended recipient.

If you have received this email by mistake please notify us by emailing the sender, and then delete the email and any copies from your system.

Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are clearly the senders own and not made on behalf of Network Rail.

Network Rail Infrastructure Limited registered in England and Wales No. 2904587, registered office Kings Place, 90 York Way London N1 9AG

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondo with ubuntu 9.04

Danjel Jungersen
On 15 Apr 2010 at 12:42, Petratos Tony wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Please forgive me if this ever been answered in the past, but at
> preset I am having a difficulty in finding what I am looking for.
>
> I am trying to create an ISO file which contains Mondo and Mindi
> in-order to create a backup of my Linux and windows operating system I
> have.
Normally this is not how you do it, I don't know if it's easily done
with some kind if livedisk.

Normally you run a backup at the running system.
Mondo can make a tape, or a bootable disk for restoring.
But there is no need to shut it down for making the backup...

Don't know how to handle winboxes...

:-)
Danjel