[Mondo-devel] Mondo 3.2.2-r3578 + mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + bootable USB-stick: unable execute mondorestore?

[Mondo-devel] Mondo 3.2.2-r3578 + mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + bootable USB-stick: unable execute mondorestore?

spezialist
Hi all!

Unfortunately I unsuccessfully tried to execute BMR recovery of the Dell R210 server from the bootable USB-stick. Beforehand, I successfully created four bootable iso-image by means of mondoarchive. Then I copied contents of the first iso image on the FAT32 USB-stick and made it bootable by syslinux.

The Dell R210 server has no CD/DVD drive, but I could boot successfully in the expert mode from the USB-stick, created by me. The truth wasn't succeeded to execute the mondorestore command, to me as it is visible from log, all problem that mindi can't find CD/DVD drive (see my log).

Question: how it is correct to create the USB-stick for BMR recovery of the server from available bootable iso-images? I.e., that it was possible to execute BMR recovery of the server, which has no CD/DVD drive?

Very thanks for the support.

--
Чорнобиль форева!

-- реклама -----------------------------------------------------------
Поторопись зарегистрировать самый короткий почтовый адрес @i.ua
http://mail.i.ua/reg - и получи 1Gb для хранения писем

mondorestore_USB_boot_ISOopt.tar (92K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondo 3.2.2-r3578 + mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + bootable USB-stick: unable execute mondorestore?

Bruno Cornec-4
spezialist said on Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 01:06:16AM +0300:
>Question: how it is correct to create the USB-stick for BMR recovery of the server from available bootable iso-images? I.e., that it was possible to execute BMR recovery of the server, which has no CD/DVD drive?

You should look at option -U of mondoarchive. That's the "right" way to make it.
ALternatively also look at http://trac.mondorescue.org/wiki/FAQ#Q42HowtotransformamondoCDDVDintoamondoUSBdevice

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondo 3.2.2-r3578 + mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + bootable USB-stick: unable execute mondorestore?

spezialist
Thanks for the answer: probably, I have understood where there was a mistake :-).

21.09.2016 00:55, Bruno Cornec <[hidden email]>

>spezialist said on Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 01:06:16AM +0300:
> >Question: how it is correct to create the USB-stick for BMR recovery of the server from available bootable iso-images? I.e., that it was possible to execute BMR recovery of the server, which has no CD/DVD drive?
>
> You should look at option -U of mondoarchive. That's the "right" way to make it.
> ALternatively also look at http://trac.mondorescue.org/wiki/FAQ#Q42HowtotransformamondoCDDVDintoamondoUSBdevice
>
> Bruno.
> --
> Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead     http://www.hpintelco.net
> HPE EMEA EG FLOSS Technology Strategist http://www.hpe.com/engage/opensource
> FLOSS projects:    http://mondorescue.org         http://project-builder.org
> Musique ancienne?   http://www.musique-ancienne.org  http://www.medieval.org

Чорнобиль форева!

До 10% знижка на другий дім в ЖК Нова Англія
http://h.holder.com.ua/c?tz&z1585&b123916&s03908&r[rndID]&u

Re: [Mondo-devel] Mondo 3.2.2-r3578 + mindi 3.0.2-r3578 + bootable USB-stick: unable execute mondorestore?

spezialist
Bruno, on my iso-images there is no file /isolinux.cfg, and instead of there is a file /syslinux/syslinux.cfg. See the wiki published by you.

Very thanks for the support.