[Mondo-devel] Just for clarification, please

[Mondo-devel] Just for clarification, please

Steve Campbell-3
Just curious about LVM. Does the 2.2.9.3-2 release work properly with
LVM on a Centos 5 system? If not, what will I get when and if I can
restore such a system?

Thanks

Steve Campbell

Re: [Mondo-devel] Just for clarification, please

Bruno Cornec-2
Steve Campbell said on Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 09:53:53AM -0400:

> Just curious about LVM. Does the 2.2.9.3-2 release work properly with
> LVM on a Centos 5 system?

>From the beta testers feedback yes.

Final 2.2.9.3 will be announced here just a bit later on.

Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com
HP/Intel/Red Hat Open Source Solutions Initiative  / http://www.hpintelco.net
http://www.HyPer-Linux.org  http://mondorescue.org http://project-builder.org
La musique ancienne?  http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

Re: [Mondo-devel] Just for clarification, please

Steve Campbell-3
Thanks for the update - now I need a little more info.

I've been helping someone manage a Centos 5 box with LVM on it. I don't
know what version of Mondo she had on it, but it wasn't real old, it may
have been the prior release to the newest. Anyway, over the weekend, the
drive starts throwing errors and it's botch. What are the chances that
the ISO's she has saved will work for a nuke restore? We'll try them, at
the very least, but are there any suggestions before we get started?

Thanks again.

steve

Steve Campbell said on Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 08:04:47AM -0400:

> I've been helping someone manage a Centos 5 box with LVM on it. I don't
> know what version of Mondo she had on it, but it wasn't real old, it may
> have been the prior release to the newest. Anyway, over the weekend, the
> drive starts throwing errors and it's botch. What are the chances that
> the ISO's she has saved will work for a nuke restore? We'll try them, at
> the very least, but are there any suggestions before we get started?

MondoRescue always let you do things manually for that reason.
So in worst case, you can partition, and re-LVM your disk manually, and
then just ask mondorestore to restore your datasets only.

You can also just redo a new mindi of your system and exchange the files
/tmp/i-want-my-lvm and /tmp/mountlist.txt wrong in 2.2.9.2 with the new ones.

If it was with 2.2.9.1 should be ok then.