[Mondo-devel] Fwd: Re: Default ISO size not set?

[Mondo-devel] Fwd: Re: Default ISO size not set?

Admin - Muskoka Auto Parts Limited

On 2016-05-25 6:06 AM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> Admin - Muskoka Auto Parts Limited said on Tue, May 24, 2016 at 02:42:23PM -0400:
>>     mondoarchive -Oi -9 -F -d "stuff" -E "stuff" -N
>>
>>> Warning! CD is too big. It occupies 4901484 KB, which is more than the 650 KB al
>> Even if I add -s 8g it fails.  I gather it's because there is a single
>> file over 4 gig in size and you can't stuff that in an ISO or break it
>> up?
> No it knows how to split files. Please provide the logfile with the -s 8g
> so we can see what gets wrong in your case.

Thanks for offering to look Bruno.

I don't think there are any sparse files involved, but there are a
couple of sizable sqlite databases.

Complete log file is available at https://transfer.sh/143VDp/mondoarchive.log  for 14 days.
(It seems it's too large to attach, and the mailing list rejects .zip)

I think this is the relevant part, but not sure the implications.

> [...]
> isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -o '_ISO_' -V _CD#_ .'
>             [Main] libmondo-fork.c->eval_call_to_make_ISO#146:
> midway_call = 'genisoimage -r -p MondoRescue -publisher
> www.mondorescue.org -A Mondo_Rescue_GPL_Version -J -boot-info-table
> -no-emul-boot -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -o
> '/var/mondoImages/webserver//mondorescue-1.iso' -V _CD#_ .'
>             [Main] libmondo-fork.c->eval_call_to_make_ISO#147: tmp =
> 'genisoimage -r -p MondoRescue -publisher www.mondorescue.org -A
> Mondo_Rescue_GPL_Version -J -boot-info-table -no-emul-boot -b
> isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -o
> '/var/mondoImages/webserver//mondorescue-1.iso' -V 1 .'
>             [Main] libmondo-fork.c->eval_call_to_make_ISO#148:
> ultimate call = 'genisoimage -r -p MondoRescue -publisher
> www.mondorescue.org -A Mondo_Rescue_GPL_Version -J -boot-info-table
> -no-emul-boot -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -o
> '/var/mondoImages/webserver//mondorescue-1.iso' -V 1 .'
> Please be patient. Do not be alarmed by on-screen inactivity.
>             [Main] libmondo-fork.c->eval_call_to_make_ISO#154: Calling
> open_evalcall_form() with what_i_am_doing='Running mkisofs to make ISO #1'
>         [Main] libmondo-fork.c->eval_call_to_make_ISO#187: command =
> 'genisoimage -r -p MondoRescue -publisher www.mondorescue.org -A
> Mondo_Rescue_GPL_Version -J -boot-info-table -no-emul-boot -b
> isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -o
> '/var/mondoImages/webserver//mondorescue-1.iso' -V 1 . >>
> /var/log/mondoarchive.log'
>         [Main]
> libmondo-fork.c->run_external_binary_with_percentage_indicator_NEW#668:
> command = 'genisoimage -r -p MondoRescue -publisher
> www.mondorescue.org -A Mondo_Rescue_GPL_Version -J -boot-info-table
> -no-emul-boot -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -o
> '/var/mondoImages/webserver//mondorescue-1.iso' -V 1 . >>
> /var/log/mondoarchive.log 2>> /var/log/mondoarchive.log'
> Running mkisofs to make ISO #1
>    Running mkisofs to make ISO #1
>             [Main] libmondo-fork.c->run_prog_in_bkgd_then_exit#627:
> sz_command = 'genisoimage -r -p MondoRescue -publisher
> www.mondorescue.org -A Mondo_Rescue_GPL_Version -J -boot-info-table
> -no-emul-boot -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -o
> '/var/mondoImages/webserver//mondorescue-1.iso' -V 1 . >>
> /var/log/mondoarchive.log 2>> /var/log/mondoarchive.log'
> I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
> File ./archives/60.afio.bz2 is larger than 4GiB-1.
> -allow-limited-size was not specified. There is no way do represent
> this file size. Aborting.
>             [Main] libmondo-fork.c->run_prog_in_bkgd_then_exit#632:
> child res = 256
>         [Main]
> libmondo-fork.c->run_external_binary_with_percentage_indicator_NEW#704:
> Parent res = 256
> Call to mkisofs to make ISO (ISO #1) ...failed
> [Main] libmondo-archive.c->make_iso_fs#1994: WARNING - make_iso_fs

Re: [Mondo-devel] Fwd: Re: Default ISO size not set?

Bruno Cornec-4
Admin - Muskoka Auto Parts Limited said on Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:53:34AM -0400:
>>>Even if I add -s 8g it fails.  I gather it's because there is a single
>>>file over 4 gig in size and you can't stuff that in an ISO or break it
>>>up?
>>No it knows how to split files. Please provide the logfile with the -s 8g
>>so we can see what gets wrong in your case.

Indeed you have a file upper than 4 GB !
>> File ./archives/60.afio.bz2 is larger than 4GiB-1.

>I don't think there are any sparse files involved, but there are a
>couple of sizable sqlite databases.

THe problem that I have often see is that a sparse file taking some MBs on disk, but once passed through afio it creates a real file of the planned size, creating that issue.

>Complete log file is available at https://transfer.sh/143VDp/mondoarchive.log  for 14 days.
>(It seems it's too large to attach, and the mailing list rejects .zip)

In fact in that case, the log file doesn't contain what I need. With the log extract you sent, we know now that the 60th afio file is the culprit.

Could you look at what is in that afio file and see whether one of the file isn't such as described upper.
I'd really recommend that you make a test with -R to move to star (and installing it of course)

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead  http://www.hpintelco.net
HPE EMEA EG Open Source Technology Strategist http://hp.com/go/opensource
FLOSS projects:     http://mondorescue.org     http://project-builder.org
Musique ancienne? http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

On 2016-05-26 4:50 PM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
No it knows how to split files. Please provide the logfile with the -s 8g
so we can see what gets wrong in your case.
THe problem that I have often see is that a sparse file taking some MBs on disk, but once passed through afio it creates a real file of the planned size, creating that issue.

Could you look at what is in that afio file and see whether one of the file isn't such as described upper.
I'd really recommend that you make a test with -R to move to star (and installing it of course)

The afio files were no longer in tmp when I went to look.  Rather than try to recreate, I installed star and run it with -R
It ran to completion with this message
Archiving regular files to media
Archiving regular files
Errors occurred while archiving set 220. Please review logs.
Your regular files have been archived successfully.
Done.
I'm looking through that huge log, and I can't decipher what's different between set 220 and any other set.
I see a *lot* of lines like
star: Missing links to
throughout, and
[Main] libmondo-archive.c->archive_this_fileset_with_star#xxx: Succeeded in writing set xxx, on try #2

but 220 seems the same as the rest.

How do I find the issue?  This log file is very large, and I'm a bit concerned with posting it publicly.

[Mondo-devel] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Default ISO size not set?

Admin - Muskoka Auto Parts Limited

A follow up to this - a second run ran without any error at all.  (forgot it was still in crontab :-)

So whatever the issue was with that set, it was transient.

I'll test a restore today, but looking good.

Thanks!