[Mondo-devel] FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi firs

[Mondo-devel] FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi firs

andrew.mckenna
Hi guys,

I am trying to use Mondo archive on a test RHEL 7.2 x86-64 server. I have used it on RHEL 6 test box successfully but there is a problem around syslinux on 7.2.

I am going round in circles trying to find an appropriate version of syslinux that will work and not give me this error when I run mindi:

FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi first. If your syslinux RPM doesn't include syslinux.efi, you may download an syslinux RPM from Mondo's website - go to http://www.mondorescue.org/downloads.shtml
Please e-mail a copy of /var/log/mindi.log to the mailing list.
See http://www.mondorescue.org for more information.
WE CANNOT HELP unless you enclose that file.

Any ideas?

Andy McKenna

PwC | Manager
Office: 020 7804 0724 | Mobile: 07798 631 239
Email:
Andrew.Mckenna@...
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Hays Galleria
http://www.pwc.com/

-------------------- End of message text --------------------
The PwC UK Annual Report for 2015 is, for the first time, entirely online. We’ve used videos and infographics to tell the story of our year. Visit www.pwcannualreport.co.uk
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, please delete the email and do not use it in any way. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP does not accept or assume responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email by anyone, other than the intended addressee to the extent agreed in the relevant contract for the matter to which this email relates (if any). PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England under registered number OC303525, with its registered address at 1 Embankment Place, London WC2N 6RH. It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for designated investment business. PwC may monitor outgoing and incoming emails and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications systems; by replying to this email you give your consent to such monitoring.
Visit our website http://www.pwc.com/uk

Re: [Mondo-devel] FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi firs

Bruno Cornec-4
[hidden email] said on Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 03:23:39PM +0100:

>I am trying to use Mondo archive on a test RHEL 7.2 x86-64 server. I have
>used it on RHEL 6 test box successfully but there is a problem around
>syslinux on 7.2.
>
>I am going round in circles trying to find an appropriate version of
>syslinux that will work and not give me this error when I run mindi:
>
>FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi first. If your syslinux RPM
>doesn't include syslinux.efi, you may download an syslinux RPM from
>Mondo's website - go to http://www.mondorescue.org/downloads.shtml
>Please e-mail a copy of /var/log/mindi.log to the mailing list.
>See http://www.mondorescue.org for more information.
>WE CANNOT HELP unless you enclose that file.
>
>Any ideas?

Which version of mindi are you suing ?
mindi is *not* supposed to use syslinux on RHEL 7 but grub2 to create the boot device.

Please provde the log of mindi so I can see what happens in your case.

Re: [Mondo-devel] FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi firs

Zbynek Sykora

Hi Andrew,

I had the same problem on CentOS 7.2 and I solved it with installing new version of syslinux 6.03 and then I had to make little change in mindi script. See my post:

https://sourceforge.net/p/mondo/mailman/message/35158499/

I can now make an backup of my system but I am not able to restore it back, I would appreciate you experiences with RHEL 7.2 backup/restore

Thanks

Zbynek

Re: [Mondo-devel] FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi firs

Zbynek Sykora
Hi Bruno,

I had similar problems as Andrew and I solved it see:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mondo/mailman/message/35158499/

is it wrong approach?
You wrote:

>mindi is *not* supposed to use syslinux on RHEL 7 but grub2 to create the boot device.

Can you take a look on my post, please - am I wrong with this solution?

Thanks in advance
Zbynek

[hidden email] said on Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 03:23:39PM +0100:

>I am trying to use Mondo archive on a test RHEL 7.2 x86-64 server. I
>have used it on RHEL 6 test box successfully but there is a problem
>around syslinux on 7.2.
>
>I am going round in circles trying to find an appropriate version of
>syslinux that will work and not give me this error when I run mindi:
>
>FATAL ERROR. Please install syslinux.efi first. If your syslinux RPM
>doesn't include syslinux.efi, you may download an syslinux RPM from
>Mondo's website - go to http://www.mondorescue.org/downloads.shtml
>Please e-mail a copy of /var/log/mindi.log to the mailing list.
>See http://www.mondorescue.org for more information.
>WE CANNOT HELP unless you enclose that file.
>
>Any ideas?

Which version of mindi are you suing ?
mindi is *not* supposed to use syslinux on RHEL 7 but grub2 to create the boot device.

Please provde the log of mindi so I can see what happens in your case.

Attend Shape: An AT&T Tech Expo July 15-16. Meet us at AT&T Park in San Francisco, CA to explore cutting-edge tech and listen to tech luminaries present their vision of the future. This family event has something for everyone, including kids. Get more information and register today.
http://sdm.link/attshape