Quantcast

[Mondo-devel] Default ISO size not set?

Admin - Muskoka Auto Parts Limited

Good afternoon,

On a recently set up CentOS machine, using mondo  x86_64   3.0.4 1.rhel6

If I do

    mondoarchive -Oi -9 -F -d "stuff" -E "stuff" -N

I get

Call to mkisofs to make ISO (ISO #1) ...OK
Warning! CD is too big. It occupies 4901484 KB, which is more than the 650 KB al
Please be patient. Do not be alarmed by on-screen inactivity.
Call to mkisofs to make ISO (ISO #2) ...failed
Execution run ended; result=1
Type 'less /var/log/mondoarchive.log' to see the output log

Even if I add -s 8g it fails.  I gather it's because there is a single file over 4 gig in size and you can't stuff that in an ISO or break it up?

But if I can't use ISO images, how do I back it up locally?   My current process backs it up locally, then encrypts the isos and then rsyncs them to remote storage.

I've tried combinations of -n and -d but haven't figured it out...

Comments appreciated,

Brian

Re: [Mondo-devel] Default ISO size not set?

Gattegno, Victor (GSD CSC / GCC)-2

Hello,

Try the latest stable version from ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org

ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/centos/7/x86_64/

ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/centos/7/x86_64/mondorescue.repo

mondo-3.2.2
mindi-3.0.2
mindi-busybox-1.21.1
perl-MondoRescue-3.2.2

Concerning -E option, since mondo 2.2.9.5, multiple exclude directories (-E option) must be separated by pipe character '|' ; in older versions it was separated by space character.

Rgds,

Victor

Admin - Muskoka Auto Parts Limited said on Tue, May 24, 2016 at 02:42:23PM -0400:
>    mondoarchive -Oi -9 -F -d "stuff" -E "stuff" -N
>
>>Warning! CD is too big. It occupies 4901484 KB, which is more than the 650 KB al

Should be 650 MB in fact !
Use the -s option look at man page.

>Even if I add -s 8g it fails.  I gather it's because there is a single
>file over 4 gig in size and you can't stuff that in an ISO or break it
>up?

No it knows how to split files. Please provide the logfile with the -s 8g
so we can see what gets wrong in your case.
Using -s 4g should be the right approach for you.

However if there is a sparse file which is large, then the computation may
be wrong, and thus the backup abort. In that case I recommend using star instead
of afio (option -R)

Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead  http://www.hpintelco.net
HPE EMEA EG Open Source Technology Strategist http://hp.com/go/opensource
FLOSS projects:     http://mondorescue.org     http://project-builder.org