[Mondo-devel] DL380 G9 - Backup OK / mondorestore command not found

[Mondo-devel] DL380 G9 - Backup OK / mondorestore command not found

BLION Jérôme (BPCE-IT - Devoteam)

Hello everyone,

That’s my first message on this list and I hope I won’t do anything wrong.

I’m testing a disaster recovery system we set up for several environments successfully. I have an issue on a physical server I cannot restore.

This is a new physical server, a HP DL 380 G9 server :

                Rom : P89 v2.00 (12/27/2015)

                iLo firmware : 2.40 Dec 02 2015

We want to restore the server iborae53 on iborae54 through the iLo.

The installed OS is: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)

Packages installed are:

mindi-2.1.3-1.rhel6.x86_64

mindi-busybox-1.18.5-1.rhel6.x86_64

mondo-3.0.2-1.rhel6.x86_64

The command run: mondoarchive -Oi -s 10g -9 -N -d /tmp/mondo_nfs/iborae53.srv-ib.ibp -p iborae53.srv-ib.ibp -I "/" -E "/var/cache/mindi|/var/cache/mondo|/oracle|/rman_b

ackup|/external_table|/data/tws|/mnt/cdrom|/adm/sys/backup" < /adm/sys/socle/data/mondo_bk.dat

# more /adm/sys/socle/data/mondo_bk.dat

no

yes

I have the following behavior : At boot, I select interactive. Then it crashes saying it cannot find the CD/DVD image (screenshot provided). I tried some hints found with my favorite search engine:

-          Mount the ISO image, detect new drivers loaded (usb_storage, sr_mod), unmount image, update FORCE_MODS in /etc/mindi/mindi.conf and create a new image

-          Try an ISO image from a virtual machine we restored successfully

-          Try to perform the mondoarchive while an CD/DVD image was mounted on the server (in order drivers to be loaded during the mondoarchive process)

All these cases finished the same way.

I attached the latest mondoarchive.log, the mondorestore.log, dmesg on the “spare” server.

What could I try to do to understand what’s happening on the server?

Best regards.
Jerome Blion

--

Jérôme Blion

Pour BPCE-IT - Groupe BPCE

Prestataire – Expert système Devoteam

DOP_INF_ISD_SOU

BPCE Infogérance & Technologies

Tél. : 04.27.02.91.63

BPCE-ITx250

__________ L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur Internet, BPCE-IT ne peut être tenu responsable de son contenu. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur. The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. BPCE-IT cannot therefore be considered responsible for the contents. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the sender. __________

Resto-iborae53.PNG (35K) Download Attachment
mondorestore.log.gz (29K) Download Attachment
dmesg.gz (24K) Download Attachment
mondoarchive.log.gz (66K) Download Attachment

Re: [Mondo-devel] DL380 G9 - Backup OK / mondorestore command not found

Bruno Cornec-4
Hello,

BLION Jérôme (BPCE-IT - Devoteam) said on Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 03:46:26PM +0000:

>That's my first message on this list and I hope I won't do anything wrong.
>I'm testing a disaster recovery system we set up for several environments successfully. I have an issue on a physical server I cannot restore.
>This is a new physical server, a HP DL 380 G9 server :
>                Rom : P89 v2.00 (12/27/2015)
>                iLo firmware : 2.40 Dec 02 2015
>
>We want to restore the server iborae53 on iborae54 through the iLo.
>The installed OS is: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)
>Packages installed are:
>mindi-2.1.3-1.rhel6.x86_64
>mindi-busybox-1.18.5-1.rhel6.x86_64
>mondo-3.0.2-1.rhel6.x86_64

This version is now really old. You should consider adopting mondo 3.2.2 at least or the beta of 3.3.0 and the relevant dependecies.
Cf: ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/rhel/6/x86_64

>I have the following behavior : At boot, I select interactive. Then it crashes saying it cannot find the CD/DVD image (screenshot provided). I tried some hints found with my favorite search engine:

It seems fdisk is missing in your case, but frnakly I won't try to debnug that one. please consider upgrading.

Best regards,
bruno.
Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec