[Mondo-devel] Can mondoarchive fail "cleanly" if there is no tape in the drive?

[Mondo-devel] Can mondoarchive fail "cleanly" if there is no tape in the drive?

Tom Astle
Hi,

I was testing the new release today and tried to run mondoarchive with
no tape in my LTO2 drive.  All it did was try to run and then ask for
another tape.  I've seen  instances where this happens all night until
we kill the mondoarchive process.

This is a problem because all of my mondo installations run unattended.

Perhaps I am missing something here?

Tom

Re: [Mondo-devel] Can mondoarchive fail "cleanly" if there is no tape in the drive?

Bruno Cornec-2
Tom Astle said on Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:25:24AM -0400:

> I was testing the new release today and tried to run mondoarchive with
> no tape in my LTO2 drive.  All it did was try to run and then ask for
> another tape.  I've seen  instances where this happens all night until
> we kill the mondoarchive process.

Annoying :-(

> Perhaps I am missing something here?

On my side I'm missing the corresponding log file to try to understand
which command is not behaving as expected.

Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com
HP/Intel/Red Hat Open Source Solutions Initiative  / http://www.hpintelco.net
http://www.HyPer-Linux.org  http://mondorescue.org http://project-builder.org
La musique ancienne?  http://www.musique-ancienne.org http://www.medieval.org

On 4/27/2010 18:30, Bruno Cornec wrote:

> Tom Astle said on Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:25:24AM -0400:
>
>> I was testing the new release today and tried to run mondoarchive with
>> no tape in my LTO2 drive.  All it did was try to run and then ask for
>> another tape.  I've seen  instances where this happens all night until
>> we kill the mondoarchive process.
>
> Annoying :-(
>
>> Perhaps I am missing something here?
>
> On my side I'm missing the corresponding log file to try to understand
> which command is not behaving as expected.
>
> Bruno.
I'll get you one, no problem