[Mondo-devel] Another debug question

David C. Partridge
Is it possible to ask monoarchive  to completely suppress the mindi
invocation?  I can provide an already created directory with the all.tar.gz
file ...

The reason for wanting to do this is that it takes about 15 minutes on this
machine to run the mindi part of the backup, whereas the test directory
backup takes about 20 seconds.

Thanks
Dave

Re: [Mondo-devel] Another debug question

Bruno Cornec-4
David C. Partridge said on Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 09:36:04PM +0000:
>Is it possible to ask monoarchive  to completely suppress the mindi
>invocation?  I can provide an already created directory with the all.tar.gz
>file ...

I've not tried that, but there is an option (-W) to make non bootable media, so it may not invoked mindi, even if I didn't checked the code.

>The reason for wanting to do this is that it takes about 15 minutes on this
>machine to run the mindi part of the backup, whereas the test directory
>backup takes about 20 seconds.

15' seems long to me as well. Would you mind sharing some log files so I can see whether there is something not normal in this process.
What are the characteristics of the system ? (CPU, RAM ?)